AGM65 practice

Ziptie

Anyone else having an issue with the "stock" maverick practice mission for the F/A-18C Hornet, Persian Gulf map? It's the one where there are 6 tanks (marked by blue smoke), and a JTAC laser designating said targets (forget which call sign they use but think it's Anvil in this one).

Shortly after the mission starts (in air start at over 400 knots), the JTAC literally explodes. Not sure if it's because the tanks will actually fire at you and maybe they are killing the JTAC?

Mission works well for TPOD practice, but your laser designation then is solely dependent on self designation, rather than a "buddy lase." Don't have a track file at the moment, but literally takes less than one minute after launching said mission. Attempted it 4 times, and all 4 the JTAC (which is marked by green smoke) has been on fire and smoking (aka having a bad day). If it is not something that someone else can verify, I'll try to get time when back to home base.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

An easy fix is to open the mission in the M.E. and set the jtac unit to invincible and invisible. (Found within advanced waypoint options)

I'm not really sure what happened but these jtac missions used to work fine. My guess is that one of the updates messed with the way advanced waypoint options work.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

An easy fix is to open the mission in the M.E. and set the jtac unit to invincible and invisible. (Found within advanced waypoint options)

I'm not really sure what happened but these jtac missions used to work fine. My guess is that one of the updates messed with the way advanced waypoint options work.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Ok, I’ll try that. Thanks for the advice. I thought I put this in the bugs thread, so must have made a mistake. Apologies if it’s in the wrong place or stupid question. I haven’t ever used the editor, so I will open that and check it out a bit.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria