searchlight ...lack of power/distance

mastercosta

Searchlights are a WIP addition, we thought people would appreciate having them early, even if they were not 100% ready for prime time, I guess not everyone feels that way.

Dude when i wrote that i have not tried the landing\spotlights for atleast 1.5 years, because of how shoddy it was.

I tested them during a night ops not long ago and i noticed the lights themselves have improved alot.

There is not a flat,unimpressed heliocentric sprite from the searchlight anymore (There still is a heliocentric "cone of shame" on the landing light, however the illumination is as the spotlight)

I found myself amazed that the issue had been looked into. Therefore, i redact my last comment, they are not useless (however the range is a bit lacking to be honest) and i will be looking forward for the end result for my most favorite module in DCS.

Thank you!

Sorry guys, was a long night last night that night and I thought this was in reference to the new WWII searchlights. My bad. The Huey ones do need love for sure, and I know for a fact it is reported.

Oh...

Edited by DeTesla

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

• 2 weeks later...

taxi and landing lights seem to have been improved i guess. But dome lights have gone almost completely on my end. Are there search lights also?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I've come to a screeching halt on Argo #4 for the same reason. Not quite sure what to do next. If I just fly the road (I can make it out courtesy of the headlights of the civilian traffic) will I still be able to get all the triggers? Otherwise, the light works at about 30 feet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I just flew that mission yesterday in VR and was even good and the search light was quite usefull. I remember when last time I tried to do it without VR it was not possible, just dark everywhere. But to be honest in VR that night was not suche dark. When I got close to the trees the search light show me the top of them so I could rise up before hit them.

• 3 months later...

Well, that was incredibly stressful. Managed to complete the mission on the second go. The first time I missed the command about following the road East as I was too busy panicking that I couldn't see anything (I took the scenic route to Batumi and arrived after dark).

The searchlight could definitely do with being a bit brighter. I'm not sure how bright they are in real life but that doesn't seem very bright at all. There seems to be a bit of a trend for Huey missions that call for you to fly below 200' when the trees are about 220' and the power pylons are about 250'. At least you can fly under wires.

I really like the feature where you can use F10 to find your current mission objective. It would be even better if it replayed/displayed the entire conversation for that part of the mission.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

• 2 years later...
On 7/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, daniellegraham said:

I bought the ARGO campaign in the summer sales of 2023. It is already 2023. The issue was reported on 2020 still remains.

The HUEY searchlight is way too dark. I just hit the wire cable in Mission 4 and found this thread.

Yea it's been way too dim ever since I first bought it. Same in the Hind as well. M-8 seems much better, but could still do with being a bit brighter imo.