Fuel type

Why?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Why?

I want to know what fuel type is used in-game so that i know the chance for a fire if I get hit. If we use JP-4 I want to use tank inerting to avid bursting into flames, but with JP-8 you don't really need tank inerting since its ignites at a higher temperature.

I doubt tank inerting is modeled, you need it with either fuel and if you look at the fuel gauge quantity is would be obvious what fuel you use since JP-4 is lighter.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The "fuel" the game uses is mostly AC power... 110v or 230V. The fuel converter makes it to different DC "fuel" for your CPU, RAM, GPU and so on... all other fuel types might not be very useful in the game :D

If you want to know when you get hit look at the code for damage model… ;) There it is written which kind of damage will cause fire and which one not.

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

Real US jets stopped using JP4 a long time ago.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Does anyone know what fuel type our F-16 uses in game? does it use JP-4, JP-8 etc.?

It doesn't use any fuel type. It's a simulation.

Just a continually-decreasing number somewhere in the dark, murky cellar of your system RAM. As long as it's greater than zero you're good to go for a while longer :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I want to know what fuel type is used in-game so that i know the chance for a fire if I get hit. If we use JP-4 I want to use tank inerting to avid bursting into flames, but with JP-8 you don't really need tank inerting since its ignites at a higher temperature.

Much as we love our sim, I seriously doubt that the damage model is anywhere near that detailed. You get hit, it does damage, and if it's enough, your virtual aircraft drills a virtual hole in virtual terra firma.

Damage models are greatly simplified, as any fan of the WW2 modules can attest.

A missile hits your fighter jet, and you have no MFD screens, only half thrust, and some of your flight controls don't work. That's about it. There isn't even a "bang" when you get hit by missiles/guns in DCS, and I've wondered why for a very long time now.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• At the top of the panel is the Jet Fuel starter switch with OFF and START1 and START2 positions.

These use one or two brake/jet fuel starter accumulators to drive the hydraulic starter motor. Using

JP8 fuel, start 2 should be used.

from the ED Manual.

Maybe a bit late here to try and answer the op on his original question but....

We used F-34 AVTUR (NATO identification), in the RAF. We put the same stuff into all visiting jets of all nations including visiting F16's from USAF, Danish Air Force etc.

I would think ED uses the virtual stuff :)

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Yup. Stateside we use JetA+, overseas it's JP8, if you're operating from a Navy base then JP5.

Maybe a bit late here to try and answer the op on his original question but....

We used F-34 AVTUR (NATO identification), in the RAF. We put the same stuff into all visiting jets of all nations including visiting F16's from USAF, Danish Air Force etc.

I would think ED uses the virtual stuff :)

Check you Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) Safety Data Sheet (SDS). F-34 ( all its versions) JetA (all its versions) JP-8/JP-5 (all its versions) are the same thing. Jet A is if source from the civilian sector, F-34 normally outside of CONUS and JP-8 US Military (JP-5 USN/USMC).

Not all Jet A are equal to each other, same goes for the other 3 names and when you compare them to each other as well. But all four use the same name and have several variations.

And non of it matters in DCS....so:dunno:

To whom it may concern,

And non of it matters in DCS....so:dunno:

Especially the Tank Inerting switch.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP