It's arrived!! Some comments and questions

markturner1960

Mine arrived yesterday, pleased to say. Went together fine, I had to loosen the front panel to realign the USB port so I could plug in the cable, but apart from that quality seems very nice.

The usual nause with DCS applying random axis assignments aside, set up was easy as well.

Couple of points: how have you guys got the AB percentage / detent position set up? I have mine set at 95% but the detent still does not match the in sim position. Ideally I would like AB to kick in at the detent, with engine %age at around 98%, so it matches what happens on the gauges in the jet.

Secondly, how do you set up the throttle and finger lifts so it works as in real life, IE lift over the detent performs the shift/home function.

Third, how do you map the position and formation lights knobs ? Cant get these to work.

Some moans? Bleed air knob does not function like the one in the jet - you cant do the 4 turns clockwise that are needed on start up or pull the knob up. And I was unable to use the supplied software for keybinds because you need to log in to the same account you used to buy ( which I cant remember) and there is no forgot password option. This is pointless, why should this be needed to run the software?

Software is great however, and throttle action is lovely.

I am just off to my workshop to make a housing for the throttle to sit next to my chair.

Another issue (( Not Winwings fault though!) is that I cant fit my Gougar TQS and this at the side of the desk, so swapping jets will mean disassembling mounts for the cougar, which is a pain, as the two joysticks sit there nicely, one being centre mounted and one side mounted.

Will post up some pictures later.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

just used for refueling for the first time....wow, very impressed, much easier than with my warthog.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I made a mount for the throttle, just MDF, sits nicely at the side now.

Pretty pleased with little sim pit now!

Just need tekcreations or viper gear to make some ICP’s and I will be sorted.

Actually, that’s something there would be a massive market for winwing folks....just saying!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a07ddc58195a21cb5acb88426a13e2dc.jpg

Hi,

i just bought the throttle...will have a similar setup as you.

Can you tell me the MDF measurements?

I will need to build a similar thing for the throttle.

Did you fix it someway to your seat?

I have a speedmaster flight seat, and i will remove its left console (where the warthog throttle is now).

Also can you tell me how you did the Logitech g13 mount?

I have one and i have some difficulty to effectively place it in my PIT.

Thanks

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi mate, I am a cabinet maker by trade and have a workshop, so it was pretty easy to fabricate these from MDF.....took around 3 hours in all to make everything.

I mounted the seat (from my sim racing rig) on MDF, that slides on the floor, between two rails, so I slide the seat in and out to get in and out easily. The throttle mount is fixed to the MDF sheet the chair is mounted on and moves with it. My mouse/ keyboard platform is fixed the other side, to the floor, and provides a solid reference for the seat base to slide against.

My rudders sit in some rails on the seat base. I also made a drop in tray with spacers, for the cougar throttle monster tech mount, so I can swap the warthog and cougar in and out easily.

As the winning throttle fouls the other throttle mount, I just need to rotate it 90 degrees on its clamp mount when not in use.

It could all be much prettier and complicated, but I don’t really have the time, too busy trying to learn the hornet and viper!

Regarding measurements, it will be far easier for you to build it around the throttle. What access to tools and machinery do you have? Because this sort of thing is very easy when you have the right kit and not so easy if you don’t.....

Edited by markturner1960

No, at idle, my hand is level with my crotch and at max, by my knee, pretty much perfect?

Hi mate, I am a cabinet maker by trade and have a workshop, so it was pretty easy to fabricate these from MDF.....took around 3 hours in all to make everything.

I mounted the seat (from my sim racing rig) on MDF, that slides on the floor, between two rails, so I slide the seat in and out to get in and out easily. The throttle mount is fixed to the MDF sheet the chair is mounted on and moves with it. My mouse/ keyboard platform is fixed the other side, to the floor, and provides a solid reference for the seat base to slide against.

My rudders sit in some rails on the seat base. I also made a drop in tray with spacers, for the cougar throttle monster tech mount, so I can swap the warthog and cougar in and out easily.

As the winning throttle fouls the other throttle mount, I just need to rotate it 90 degrees on its clamp mount when not in use.

It could all be much prettier and complicated, but I don’t really have the time, too busy trying to learn the hornet and viper!

Regarding measurements, it will be far easier for you to build it around the throttle. What access to tools and machinery do you have? Because this sort of thing is very easy when you have the right kit and not so easy if you don’t.....

Yeah i asked measurements because i don't have any tool :)

I will go to the shop with the measures and will ask them to cut the MDF with it.

My seat is on the floor so i will need something else to mount on my seat but will think of it later.

For now i will just do something with 5 pieces of MDF (base on the floor and the for sides around the throttle base), later will think a way to fix it to my seat . That is why i asked you measurements.

Also if you could help with the G13, it has a strange shape and it is built to be used horizontally but i would like to use as you do, but never found a solution.

I have a monstertech mount which i use only for the 3 mfd (the VKB gunfighter is mounted on the seat) and i would like to mount the g13 vertically on top of the monstertech similarly to what you did....

Maybe i can send you some pictures of my setup and you could help me with it?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Is the G13 easy to config? My keyboard does some macros but only 5. I have plenty of buttons on my hotas but really need to configure coms and Dcs won’t allow it currently.

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Is the G13 easy to config? My keyboard does some macros but only 5. I have plenty of buttons on my hotas but really need to configure coms and Dcs won’t allow it currently.

Thanks

Pretty easy...

I would have preferred if it was seen as a joystick so to be able to have different assignments for different modules.

You can bind every button to a keyboard button or combo.

Also there are some programs to show FA-18 ufc and F-16 ded info on the lcd (maybe also Ka-50).

Pretty happy of it, just i cannot find a good way to mount it in my cockpit.

Hi vincent, will take some pictures for you. I have to say, it would be easier to get a carpenter or a workshop to do it rather than getting the pieces cut to size.

Do you know the program to get the ded info in the lcd window?

Ahh, that explains it! I was thinking to myself that you'd done a very professional job on that throttle mount... and it turns out you are a professional carpenter! I had recently done an aluminium extrusion mount in Fusion360 and was going to get the bars cut, but having seen your simple solution - which is far more elegant and also easy to move when you don't want your office to be an F/A-18 cockpit - I can see that I was overthinking it.

That say imitations is the best form of flattery... I think I will copy you Mark!

Good job.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been using a G13 and have been really happy with it. Though .. it's unfortunately starting to give out. I switched to an Elgato Streamdeck. G13's last I checked were discontinued, and super expensive now if you can find them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

OK, as requested Virus, some pictures of my mount for the G13:

abaf9198bb1eb8869f13d651006d98f9.jpg

68d6245ca6726d1986ef3741071e366c.jpg

As you can see, fairly simple construction, I just cut around the outline in 12mm MDF and fixed this to a base of 18mm. It did sit on my desk, as I previously had the monitor higher, but the new chair is lower, so everything has dropped and I just notched the sides to suit.

I also use an android tablet for hornet and viper UFC & DED so added the bar at the bottom as a quick fix for resting this on if I want to use it:

9af01d3809136a66f396bcf3a36f9f9b.jpg

a7199668c04c47edf8c22bf040ced651.jpg

Wow...that's a masterpiece

So now my throttle is shipped so i need to prepare for it.

As my seat is similar to yours (lower then usual) could you give me the height of the mdf pieces you used for your throttle mount?

So I will try to build something similar but simpler for my skills.

Mark:

I was planning to build a frame for the switch box & and throttle base to sit on top of, with the electronics forming a lid. It will be easy enough to cut some MDF sheet to the appropriate lengths.

However, I've taken a look at the profile of the Winwing side switch box that mounts around the throttle. I see that while two corners are 90° to each other the other two corners are at 80° and 100° respectively. So it looks like I will not be able to use a router with a finger joint jig. Is there a woodworking joint that you would recommend to join things at are not a 90° to each other? How did you fix these two corners? Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice! Mine also came in today but I won't have time to play with it until weekend. The thing is bigger than I thought and I'm still trying to figure out how to mount it to my Monstertech Flightstand (might just velcro it on top of the left leg for now).

We have very similar setup with big screen TV and etc. I see you have FSSB R3L + F-16SGRH on the right and TMWH in the middle (my current center mount is VP WarBRD with TM F/A-18C). Now the only thing I need is the F-16 throttle, lol. BTW, Realsim's F-18 grip is coming out soon also.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

It's arrived!! Some comments and questions

Mark:

I was planning to build a frame for the switch box & and throttle base to sit on top of, with the electronics forming a lid. It will be easy enough to cut some MDF sheet to the appropriate lengths.

However, I've taken a look at the profile of the Winwing side switch box that mounts around the throttle. I see that while two corners are 90° to each other the other two corners are at 80° and 100° respectively. So it looks like I will not be able to use a router with a finger joint jig. Is there a woodworking joint that you would recommend to join things at are not a 90° to each other? How did you fix these two corners? Thanks.

A Kreg jig makes complex millwork much easier and faster than doweling, biscuit, tenon or lap joins. With the correct glue the wood will fail before the glue joint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Fusedspine33

Hi mate, I simply mitred the corners, of course, two are not a 45 degrees mitres, but on a table saw, that’s not a problem. I don’t think you need to mitre them if you d0nt mind about end grain showing, and I just glued them with PVA adhesive. As they sit between the top and bottom of the “box” and these are screwed down into the sides, it all holds together quite strongly.

Supmau, yes, I was deciding wether to buy. Depends on cost, I like to support them, but don’t really need it as I have the TM one......now the F-16 throttle or ICP would be a different story....!

Here are some pictures that may help Milou and Vincent:

2823748545fe7a30b4c2198a3bf25ea6.jpg

a84ece49b0a283c226dce6956c5e8fcc.jpg78d35d5cf57dba4cd0b1558aafa9c126.jpg

Here are some pictures that may help Milou and Vincent:

2823748545fe7a30b4c2198a3bf25ea6.jpg

a84ece49b0a283c226dce6956c5e8fcc.jpg78d35d5cf57dba4cd0b1558aafa9c126.jpg

Thank you very much.

Very helpful.

I definitely want to do something similar, but simpler.

My throttle should arrive on the 4th of june so I would like to have everything ready when it comes.

So, please could be possible for you to give me the measurements for this sides?

ca86eb64221321d343d0bce766d5c39f.plistc9eb747d85312100ec78293cbb912c26.plist

Thank you very very much :)