Just got Huey

Vic

Just got the UH-1H and man do I got a lot to learn!

Looking thru the skins and I thought there would be a lot more Vietnam skins. The ones I saw were cool.

I made one just for fun. It's not historically accurate, it's a mix of the 117th and 1st Cav

It was fun to make.

iYH2Htj.jpg?1

Hi Vic, if you like flying helicopters have a look at our recruitment page below. We welcome members of all skill levels from all over the globe.

Have an outstanding day mate.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

Hey thanks! I'll have to figure out how to do that. One important thing is you have to use ams999's file called "ab-212_lods_json" To get rid of all shine on Vietnam chopper textures. They need to be dead flat no shine.

Made Huey pilot a Fu-Man-Chu Mustache so he looked more Vietnam era haha

NANLtMS.jpg

Yeah I see that now on the user files page. Looks easy enough. Still want to tune the textures up a little bit, gonna darken the helmets up a little. Take a few more screen shots.

Also does anyone know what file tells the game what helmet each different crew member wares?

Maybe this is not possible. But some .lua has to tell what textures to use for the gunners.

Would like to put different helmet graffiti on different crew members. Would be cool.

Also starting to learn that when you lower the collective you pull back on the cyclitic that helps you stop faster and lower altitude without going into VRS

One of these days I might come out as a closet rotorhead. Still like burning holes in the sky in a fast-mover, but learning how to hover and land is turning into a hobby. My odds of surviving a landing in the Huey are going up; still have trouble with a steady hover, and I land...somewhere...eventually...

Landings are very precise on a continental scale. Why yes, I did land in North America; why do you ask?

... because you started at Kobuleti? hahahahaha

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

In the real Huey, the China hat on the back of the stick is the force trim and it will bump the trim forward, aft, left and right.

In our Hueys the force trim button was the round button to the left of the china hat. The china hat controlled the Hoist up- and down.

I have never seen a China hat used as a force trim. Force trims are one way buttons, like on/off.

Chiuna hats are mostly four way buttons (in other helos than Huey) is used as a trim motor activator for the selected direction. Trim motor activation, not that fast.

Force trim: instant catches the new stick position.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

• 2 weeks later...

I have several hours flying the Black Shark, but I never really got the hang of it. To be honest, I'm more of a fixed wing kind of guy, but during the free trial month I decided to give the Huey a try. Man that thing is awesome, I'm having a blast learning this beast. I had to picked it up also. Now I just need to learn how to landed it most consistently.

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

In our Hueys the force trim button was the round button to the left of the china hat. The china hat controlled the Hoist up- and down.

I have never seen a China hat used as a force trim. Force trims are one way buttons, like on/off.

Chiuna hats are mostly four way buttons (in other helos than Huey) is used as a trim motor activator for the selected direction. Trim motor activation, not that fast.

Force trim: instant catches the new stick position.

Same in ours (Australian)

We also had a silver foot button so the non flying pilot could transmit without touching the cyclic. I always thought it was a local add on because it looked like something out of early model Holden.

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2020 at 9:29 PM, Vic said:

Ha ha thanks for the offer SC. Still got a lot to learn. Not till I can land on that ship. Dam that VRS

Still making textures though.

Dust Off

4LPv8xK.jpg?1

Ever released this one? Would love to see it with white helmet pilot and copilot If possible.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!