Questions on mission success.

Turnip

While I have been flying the Caucasus missions, I constantly knock the crap out of the Russians however, I only get from 50-60% success rate. How can I hit 43 targets and not get any higher?

And my second question is EXAMPLE: Mission where I have to take out some buildings / headquarters. I study the maps and see buildings. When I arrive, there is nothing there. I see a town there but nothing signifies a target. The briefing isn't clear enough to show what I should hit. Should I bomb the shit out of the entire town?

While I have been flying the Caucasus missions, I constantly knock the crap out of the Russians however, I only get from 50-60% success rate. How can I hit 43 targets and not get any higher?

Mission success aka "results" can only be awarded by the mission designer, ie. the conditions need to be hand-built into the mission. These results can be awarded for pretty much anything. Just starting the mission could catapult you to 100%, if the mission designer so desires.

Typically, your job is not to win the war single-handed but to achieve the primary mission objectives, and any secondary objectives if any are specified. That could mean taking out a single target, or it could mean you have to destroy an entire tank platoon. It completely depends on the mission.

And by the way, these results only really matter in campaigns. Based on the results of the previous mission, you will either advance to the next mission, or set back to the previous one, or you have to replay the current mission.

If there's any specific mission you worry about, let us know which one it is, maybe someone can then help you identify the mission objectives and how to reach 100%.

And my second question is EXAMPLE: Mission where I have to take out some buildings / headquarters. I study the maps and see buildings. When I arrive, there is nothing there. I see a town there but nothing signifies a target. The briefing isn't clear enough to show what I should hit. Should I bomb the shit out of the entire town?

Sorry, I don't understand that example. Is there any actual mission behind it? Which one?

Yes there is. I had a mission where the objective was to destroy the enemy HQ. Again, this is about mission 4 or 5 in the Caucasus campaign. I pulled up the mission planner and zoomed into the target. The waypoint says HQ. I look at the area and see 4 or 5 "squares" on the map. When I get there, there is a area between two towns with nothing in it. My only option is to bomb the two towns closest to the waypoint marked HQ. I paused the sim and looked around but see no building that would distinguish itself from the others. So, I just flew to about 12,000ft, placed the CBU's into CCIP, nosed over and bombed the town. Maybe I'm missing something here which wouldn't surprise me. LOL

Yes there is. I had a mission where the objective was to destroy the enemy HQ.

Again, this is about mission 4 or 5 in the Caucasus campaign.

I pulled up the mission planner and zoomed into the target.

The waypoint says HQ. I look at the area and see 4 or 5 "squares" on the map.

When I get there, there is a area between two towns with nothing in it.

It is Mission Push 2-3, objective is to destroy the mobile Ru HQ, it is a truck / convoy not a building, however due to a slight change I made to the original mission to fix that convoy not appearing at all, it is now set to appear at mission start 07:30 and hold position for 15 minutes and then move up the road to the north West of the HQ WP. Kind of simulates intel not always being spot on, always expect the unexpected ;-)

Also noticed that the Bullseye isn't set correctly to match the brief.

Campaign may be corrected some more when dcs 2.5 hits.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.