We need more live on aircraft carriers

gryff

I can't wait for aircraft operations with the coming F18 module, but we need waay more life and stuff going on on the carrier deck.

As far as I know, Heatblur is working on an animated deck crew which would make a huge differece. Are you guys at ED also working on something similar? Why not work together?

There also need to be way more planes on deck and a whole lot steam coming up when launching an aircraft. Right now the carriers look way to sterile.

All these things would make carrier operations so much better! Also does the F18 come with a carrier when going into Early Access or does it come later?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter29012016.html

Hopefully this answers this, in short yes - nothing has been set in stone yet apart from this newsletter, but presumably carriers will see some life.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

sadly, nothing is said about a deck crew, which is the most important thing on that behalf I guess

True, but then again the newsletter is from nearly 2 years ago...

We have had screenshots with the new Kuznetsov class which has deck crew at least modelled, whether they'll be functional or toggleable (Kuznetsov has a VLS on it's deck for the P-800/SS-N-26) I doubt they'll be flying operations/deck crew around when they're going off - I think carriers need some sort of unit state for what they're doing, but that's for another thread.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

True, but then again the newsletter is from nearly 2 years ago...

We have had screenshots with the new Kuznetsov class which has deck crew at least modelled, whether they'll be functional or toggleable (Kuznetsov has a VLS on it's deck for the P-800/SS-N-26) I doubt they'll be flying operations/deck crew around when they're going off - I think carriers need some sort of unit state for what they're doing, but that's for another thread.

Actually that "crew" show on that pics has only "placeholders". ED has not show nothing of "animated" crew with some type of funtionality on your official videos. The last video with the new kutnesov carrier was the FC-3 Su-33 and the crew dont appears.

Uox9S6UccEE

The same happens on the new CVN on the F/A-18C pre-purchase video, actually has not show a carrier crew.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

Actually that "crew" show on that pics has only "placeholders". ED has not show nothing of "animated" crew with some type of funtionality on your official videos. The last video with the new kutnesov carrier was the FC-3 Su-33 and the crew dont appears... ....The same happens on the new CVN on the F/A-18C pre-purchase video, actually has not show a carrier crew.

Ahh, I stand corrected, fair enough, I new nothing had been said.

System:

Landbased airbases actually have the same problem. They could also need some more life.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It might be worth reading the stuff connected to the F-14 and the carrier crews they have been developing.

The infrastructure for animated infantry is already part of DCS World I understand, and with what has been said in connection with the F-14 project, we may well see some form of animated deck personnel in the future.

With any luck, it's on the radar at ED too, but we have heard nothing regarding the Nimitz DLC content yet. Fingers crossed, because it'd be a great immersion bonus.

That can be a "global ground crew" but actually has unknown if ED has some official plans about them or actually enter into the "ToDo" list on "future" functionality on DCS World. Expected on some point, can get some info about them.

+1 :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds