Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I have a consideration to make.

the harrier, being a new plane, has the attention of most pilots, causing most of them to migrate to the blue coalition, unbalancing the disposition of the clients on the server.

In my opinion, as long as the module is not fully functional, it would be better not to make it available ... but I realize that being the novelty, there would be no interest in the blue flag in case it is not implemented.

I therefore propose to add the Harrier to the red too.

my 2 cents

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

the harrier, being a new plane, has the attention of most pilots, causing most of them to migrate to the blue coalition, unbalancing the disposition of the clients on the server.

In my opinion, as long as the module is not fully functional, it would be better not to make it available ... but I realize that being the novelty, there would be no interest in the blue flag in case it is not implemented.

my 2 cents

I already prefer how was done in NTTR, most advanced planes were the F-5 and mig 21.... no guided AG weapons, and trainers calling the bombers

*cough* DIAMOND flight *cough*

Blueflag uses the logic of uncontrolled airports, where you only report your actions over 251 for other people to know your intentions. I understand that you want to feel like the most important person of Blue side, but, I am sorry, you are at wrong place. Try VATSIM, IVAO or PilotEdge. I have nothing against the idea of actually doing ATC on Blueflag, but don't blame people who don't follow your idea.

I know my buddies don't use 251 much, so I'll let them know.

Blueflag uses the logic of uncontrolled airports, where you only report your actions over 251 for other people to know your intentions. I understand that you want to feel like the most important person of Blue side, but, I am sorry, you are at wrong place. Try VATSIM, IVAO or PilotEdge. I have nothing against the idea of actually doing ATC on Blueflag, but don't blame people who don't follow your idea.

BlueFlag does use the logic of uncontrolled Airfields as it's unlikely there will be an ATC on.

However, please do use 251 for Blue and 124 for Red for all takeoff and landing notices.

If there is an ATC on, please listen to them as you really don't want to hinder your team by smashing into a friendly :)

Frequencies are here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit?usp=drivesdk

And also available via -freq typed in all chat and linked too from the website.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I understand that you want to feel like the most important person of Blue side, but, I am sorry, you are at wrong place. I have nothing against the idea of actually doing ATC on Blueflag, but don't blame people who don't follow your idea.

If you want to make me the most important one... feel free.

You have "nothing against" doing it, but you don't do it and come out of your way to just so you can state that you don't wanna do it :megalol:

I am not blaming anyone for anything, I am stating... besides even if people don't bother going on 251, there is nothing I can do. It is not like the police is going to wait for them to get out of the plane. So I don't bother, just keep the other who are on coms safe.

Most of your mates don't even respond on 264 as well....

BlueFlag does use the logic of uncontrolled Airfields as it's unlikely there will be an ATC on.

However, please do use 251 for Blue and 124 for Red for all takeoff and landing notices.

If there is an ATC on, please listen to them as you really don't want to hinder your team by smashing into a friendly :)

Frequencies are here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit?usp=drivesdk

And also available via -freq typed in all chat and linked too from the website.

Anyway, when I am doing ATC I always tell people I am on. If you wanna do it, feel free, if not I am okay with it. It just adds that little bit more to DCS for me.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

my 2 cents

Plus one. Last night I joined and it was ten blue no red. I was the only player not in a harrier.

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thanks!!!

And confirm password is : BlueFlag or blueflag?

Is it me or this is not showing up on the cloud or on the website?

It's the number one info!!^^

Currently there is no password on the server

It used to be "blueflag"

I am on the latest 1.5.8 beta and it shows up no problem, I even have it in favorites

'Shadow'

I sense the need for a restart...

May we have M2000C RED only :music_whistling:? Mabye that equals player numbers per side. And i really dont like same types on same sides.

No GCI -> no chance of telling who is who for a non modern fighter without IFF -> gives modern fighters a unnecessary advantage (i think they should get only disadvantages)

So it's been running a few days and here is a bit of feedback from me.

No major show stoppers, no lags (but I fly no A2A), few small capture troubles but nothing that didn't get fixed after restart.

Harrier: It has to be on both sides, even only for balancing. The quick rearming & refueling at farps is awesome but is too good to be only available for one side. Not to mention all the missing players, I am not going one day without my harrier!11 :D

Are Sidearms intentionally left out of Airfield warehouses? If yes, they are still on the farps. Makes no sense to keep them out since they are way worse than Su-25T anti radiation missiles. I want to note here that some AGM variants are also missing, most notable the G, which has quite a bit more punch but is heavier.

Harriers also want ships! =)

Heli ground spawns on farps etc. this is generally very good for not having the exploding spawns anymore, but often you can't rearm at a FARP. Now if the Huey has full weapons loadout, I as a Huey failure are unable to fly that thing anywhere. I miss my Mi8 on blue, but if it had all stations full of rocket pods I wouldn't be very good with it either. My suggestion have them naked.

After capturing one FARP (I believe it was Saratovskay) and feeding it with a repair crate, the right units spawned, but very far away near the bunkers/towers, preventing us from rearming. Was fixed directly after server restart ~20mins later, making me believe there might be something wrong with the trigger there.

If you are supposed to be able to rearm/refuel at SAM site Gele, it has the same issue. We weren't sure if you were supposed to be able to rearm there or if the fuel amount shown in PAK is just for show or a left over.

Today I captured my first fuelbase and it was very fun and a great change of pace. Initially despairstruck when it became clear my 4 mavericks were dead weight but it was a blast. :)

Infantry defending FARPs, these defenders, are really annoying. Do they have to be infantry? Can they be marked some how? Sometimes they are nearly impossible to see on the background. If those defenders maybe fortify with some barricades or something...

There is probably more but I have to go... The server restarted! :)

P.S. Thanks to all the reds who held the line the last few days and fought fierce battles while heavily outnumbered and executed some very very mean ambushes.

Edited by ApoNOOB

Heli ground spawns on farps etc. this is generally very good for not having the exploding spawns anymore, but often you can't rearm at a FARP. Now if the Huey has full weapons loadout, I as a Huey failure are unable to fly that thing anywhere. I miss my Mi8 on blue, but if it had all stations full of rocket pods I wouldn't be very good with it either. My suggestion have them naked.

Infantry defending FARPs, these defenders, are really annoying. Do they have to be infantry? Can they be marked some how? Sometimes they are nearly impossible to see on the background. If those defenders maybe fortify with some barricades or something...

Id love for the Huey to have fifty percent fuel and door gunners only (no front guns.) Some of the mountainous farps require you to unload the default load out just to climb out- especially now that damage modeling is on for the heuy turbine. I miss the mi8 on both sides (it’s so fast!)

PS: equipping the door gunners on the Huey makes quick work of the infantry on the ground. Most times. :)

TJ

The Defenders always spawn at the center of the area, usually near a structure. The idea is to always bring a JTAC to help find them, or if you've got help a few low passes and the tracers should help you to spot them.

Viggen will eventually be moved to just Red, with Harrier on Blue but not sure when that will be.

Repairing a Farp does not mean that you'll be able to rearm and refuel - the right units need to be present and the group that gets repaired is picked randomly. You may have to drop a few repair crates before the Farp is fully functional if you get unlucky.

Map is reset as are sides.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ey, if you need any help with doing mission editor work, I can follow instruction and love doing it....

So many times when I have been adjusting small stuff on my missions and hours pass

P.S: If there are no Mi-8 on Blue, why are there Hueys on Red ? More people fly hueys ?

'Shadow'

most anoying thing is having certain Planes on both sides. Making IFF next to impossible without radar or GCI.

Some of the planes are on both sides IRL, use your eyes then :thumbup: I made a list a page or two ago with realistic aircraft for both sides

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3333274&postcount=3994

'Shadow'

most anoying thing is having certain Planes on both sides. Making IFF next to impossible without radar or GCI.

I’m not sure why this is the most annoying thing ever. It’s not like this server is running planes that have incapable radars. If we all fought in f5s, ok I’d give this to you. But the f15, m2k and su27 (the only a2a planes I fly) have more than capable radars able to IFF a long ways out and give you plenty of time to sneak into your pray.

I’m not sure why this is the most annoying thing ever. It’s not like this server is running planes that have incapable radars. If we all fought in f5s, ok I’d give this to you. But the f15, m2k and su27 (the only a2a planes I fly) have more than capable radars able to IFF a long ways out and give you plenty of time to sneak into your pray.

example:

plane: harrier

no gci

4 of 10 players of your side are on srs

in the target area you spot a m2k

check player list: 5 m2k used, 3 on your side 2 on the enemy

1 m2k player answers you over comms that he is not in the area

now you have a 50/50 chance to kill a friendly or not

you are a good pilot so you dont shot him

case 1: you fly home safe, m2k was enemy, gj

case 2: you fly home safe, m2k was friendly, oh... good cap m2k, you scared away not only all enemy strikers but also your own, well done

case 3: you strike the target, m2k was enemy and kills you directy after

you can replace the harrier with any plane/helicopter that has no 4th gen radar nore IFF.

flying only 4th gen fighters it doesnt look so bad but if you fly anything else this is a huge problem.

Also saying that IRL they have equal planes on bothes sides means nothing because you dont fly into combat knowing nothing about other friendlies and have no communication...

i really like having a lot of different planes in blue flag. Mirage on both sides mabye helps equaling player numbers but with a huge cost of not flown other planes, Blue on Blue and unsolved situations like above. i hope the buddyspike team is aiming for planes only on one side, too. i know they do their best to improve our experience.

mabye we get more options in the future (FA18 vs M2k)

Edited by RED

you are a good pilot so

you check his markings and then decide to shoot him or not

If he is enemy and sees you, he would be probably already locking you up

If he doesn't see you and you have a chance to shoot him, you have a chance of checking his markings

If he fires at a friendly, welp, even if he is a friendly, you should shoot him

I think the key here is numbers limitations

'Shadow'