Super Hornet??

sniperpr1

80% of the avionics, and a percentage of the airframe doesn't make it any more simple to recreate.

First, there is the small issue of classified information (probably that entire 20% of the avionics), then there is the small matter of completely remodelling everything from flight model, to 3D model.

Frankly it is different enough to have to rip everything up from the C and start again. And with the added complication that you have a whole new license to obtain, plus the classified aspects - it all starts to look very unlikely at least until the next generation airframe takes over.

f18_schem_01.gif

Two different aircrafts, with similar shape and designation and systems.

Anyways, redo everything....

This is not a Su-25A to Su-25T upgrade or Su-27 upgrades.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Why do so many people call it a "Super Bug"? I've never heard anyone outside of the flight sim community call it that. Well, except as an occasional pejorative. Serious question.

Because it makes you think you sound wiser when you use the fancy nicknames that you think everyone is using.

Like F/A-18E/F called as "Rhino" instead "Super Hornet" or its designation.

The same thing really is with the NATO names for the Soviet missiles like SA-8 or SA-11 instead their actual names "9K33 OSA" (or just OSA) or "9K37 M1" or just "BUK".

Then is the same thing with people talking about "Fox 1/2/3" in sense "and then I shot Fox two at him".

It is a jargon that separates those who really do it for their daily life business, and then those who doesn't. As the jargon is there in real world to avoid problems in limitations of radio communication methods, but in written form elsewhere it is not required.

And just turning "Super Hornet" as it would be too difficult to write or say as "Super Hornet" instead "Super Bug" is just someone learning it to do so, sounding cool.

I wish for times when people will stop thinking that making a simulation of an aircraft is a simple two day job

But same time that small changes would be requirement to rewrite all the code and spend months getting the information even when it is as simple thing as windscreen wiper functionality.

Does any of this really matter in a forum? The whole point point of communication is the effective delivery/understanding of someone's premise. It's clear we all know exactly what the OP is referring to (Super Hornet); why derail the thread?

Regardless, I believe Super Bug came from the FSX 3rd party simulation of the E/F variant of the Hornet. I'm curious if they used "Super Bug" to get around Licensing? https://www.vrsimulations.com/superbug.php

and that's it for my off-topic reply to an off-topic response. :)

Edited by rudellj

So for all the "it's classified" and "it's too many changes" Group:

A Lot 21->25 Block I Super Hornet has more in common with a Lot 20 Legacy Hornet than you might think.

Most of the Classified Systems didn't come in till Lot 26 Block II.

The PFM would Need Changed for the Echo, Obviously

Specifically the Aerodynamics, Engines Performance as well as the FCS, (A lot of that was re-done for the Super Hornet)

The Cockpit would remain 90~% intact, with the changes to the Display's and UFCD and Engine Management display, a few things here and there, but most of the left/right side panels are the same, and the Counter Measures Panel is the same.

Avionics wise, they'd need to re-do a few things to support more pylons,

However, the available weapons would actually be less, as you would not need to incorporate any type of Unguided Rockets Modes, the Super Hornet does not use them.

p.s. Super Bug, while not an official Designation, is a Community nickname used by pretty much everyone.

Super Hornet, Hornet = Bug, Hence: Super Bug.

"Super Hornet" is the Official Designation,

"RHINO", is the Name Assigned to the E/F's by the Navy so Flight Deck Personnel would not confuse or mis-hear Super Hornet as Hornet and Mis-Configure Take off or Landing systems, causing an accident.

SuperBug/Rhino is used by VRS for Marketing, nothing more.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Good to know that it is possible. Anything that furthers the Northrop design makes me happy.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Jesus. Every time I ask a simple question or make a simple comment, there's someone right there waiting to jump in my chili about it. I was just asking out of intellectual curiosity. I'm in the tactical aviation business and I've never heard anyone refer to it as a Super Bug other than on flight sim forums, so I thought I'd ask.

Apologies. My comment was not directed at you - it was directed at Fri13 who was being elitist

Because it makes you think you sound wiser when you use the fancy nicknames that you think everyone is using.

Apologies. My comment was not directed at you - it was directed at Fri13 who was being elitist
Being elitist means that you try to use profession inside jargon, instead official makers names and designations for information clarity for now and for future even for those who has no idea about fans nicknames and own jargon.

That is one problem when other side officially rename all that others do.

So you are being elitist, instead trying to be informative.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

Doesn't it all depend on the environment Fri13? The use of jargon within a community that uses said jargon is definitely not elitist, it just means they're communicating in the most effective way they know how.

Using jargon outside that community however, would just mean a total failure to communicate. Hardly something you could label elitist.

As for the term super bug - it's in common usage within the flight sim community, so what is wrong with using it on a flight sim forum?

Just go with the flow, and if people choose to use jargon, so be it. You won't change anyone's attitudes by attaching provocative labels to them.

So for all the "it's classified" and "it's too many changes" Group:

A Lot 21->25 Block I Super Hornet has more in common with a Lot 20 Legacy Hornet than you might think.

Most of the Classified Systems didn't come in till Lot 26 Block II.

The PFM would Need Changed for the Echo, Obviously

Specifically the Aerodynamics, Engines Performance as well as the FCS, (A lot of that was re-done for the Super Hornet)

The Cockpit would remain 90~% intact, with the changes to the Display's and UFCD and Engine Management display, a few things here and there, but most of the left/right side panels are the same, and the Counter Measures Panel is the same.

Avionics wise, they'd need to re-do a few things to support more pylons,

However, the available weapons would actually be less, as you would not need to incorporate any type of Unguided Rockets Modes, the Super Hornet does not use them.

p.s. Super Bug, while not an official Designation, is a Community nickname used by pretty much everyone.

Super Hornet, Hornet = Bug, Hence: Super Bug.

"Super Hornet" is the Official Designation,

"RHINO", is the Name Assigned to the E/F's by the Navy so Flight Deck Personnel would not confuse or mis-hear Super Hornet as Hornet and Mis-Configure Take off or Landing systems, causing an accident.

SuperBug/Rhino is used by VRS for Marketing, nothing more.

I thought the term "Rhino 1st started when describing The Naval variant of The F-4 Phantom?

Patrick

mini.gif