Stereoscopic mirrors for VR

Torri

Default keybind is usually M

Global setting can be found under 'Gameplay' it is found in the controls below 'F10 View Options'

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

OculusMirror.exe is VR Mirror display. As in what's shown in VR will be mirrored on the monitor. Not the mirrors in cockpit.

And the OP on this thread is talking about seeing stereoscopic into the cockpit mirrors. Everyone's talking different stuff it's actually funny.

And no, there is no way to turn off DCS VR Mirror "display"

Edited by Taz1004

OP is Referring to VR Output Mirror not In Game Cockpit Mirrors.

Use Oculus Mirror and you change change Settings/Resolution/Render Type.

My App Supports this.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

OP is Referring to VR Output Mirror not In Game Cockpit Mirrors.

Use Oculus Mirror and you change change Settings/Resolution/Render Type.

My App Supports this.

I'm pretty sure OP is talking about in game cockpit mirrors as he mentioned that it looks like watching a screen rather than mirror. VR Output mirror will obviously look like watching a screen and nothing to complain about.

Also talking about other sims with stereo mirrors being "immersive". I don't see how VR Output mirror can be "immersive". That's how I understood OP anyway.

fitness88 above was asking about VR output mirror.

I'm not talking about the reflection mirrors in the aircraft to see behind you.

I'm talking about the desktop mirror image of what you see in your VR HMD.

I'd like to stop the default game mirror so as to use the OculusMirror.exe which allows for streaming 3D and many more settings...it's much better.

Thanks for all your inputs.

• 1 year later...

I wonder how often this request crops up... I see it mentioned in plenty threads, dating back up to 5 years. IL-2 has working mirrors with little performance impact. How do we get ED to take this on board and actually fix the mirrors? I have them disabled in VR because they're so wrong.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:23 PM, Camble said:

I wonder how often this request crops up... I see it mentioned in plenty threads, dating back up to 5 years. IL-2 has working mirrors with little performance impact. How do we get ED to take this on board and actually fix the mirrors? I have them disabled in VR because they're so wrong.

Strange thing is, ED tweaked the Hornet mirrors some time (about 2 years?) ago. They kinda improved from a completely washed out effect (sort of mega fish eye), to mirrors where you can actually see/distinguish the aircraft's vertical stabs and wingtips.

But indeed, definitely no stereoscopic effect at the moment.

Although my graphics card will probably disagree, stereoscopic mirrors would be nice to have. But perhaps after the introduction of Vulkan?

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'd like to see a central place for bug reports and wishlist items so people could vote on what they feel is a priority. This kind of thing just gets left and left and left. It's unlikely to ever be addressed