How to counter/find low flying strike aircraft?

eatthis

As above i fly in a group who are very good at flying low leve using terrain maskingl into a targrt im defending using the tomcat, theyre incredibly hard to find down there.

Anybody got any tips or tactics? The cat doesnt seem good at looking down into the weeds i rarely get anything on my scope even when it turns out im looking right at them

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Why not try the same tactic, fly low. When they fly low sometimes they also lost their DL, so its not without disadvantage. From there you basically playing hide and seek.

Another alternatif is fly very high and set your radar elev to low. Drag them in the open terrain and try not to play by their rule.

Another risky tactic is to turn off your radar until they come inside 30 miles (with the help of DL or AWACS when available). Well.... why you wanna do that? Let me tell you that almost every pilot try to notch/beam/fly low NOE when their RWR nails incoming F-14 fear of its Phoenix. By turning off your radar you encourage them to come closer on medium alt after that start lob them your Phoenix.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Why not try the same tactic, fly low. When they fly low sometimes they also lost their DL, so its not without disadvantage. From there you basically playing hide and seek.

Another alternatif is fly very high and set your radar elev to low. Drag them in the open terrain and try not to play by their rule.

Another risky tactic is to turn off your radar until they come inside 30 miles (with the help of DL or AWACS when available). Well.... why you wanna do that? Let me tell you that almost every pilot try to notch/beam/fly low NOE when their RWR nails incoming F-14 fear of its Phoenix. By turning off your radar you encourage them to come closer on medium alt after that start lob them your Phoenix.

Good luck

Flying low is the only thing i could come up with lol.

Problem is theyre not trying to get me theyre trying to attack bases, they fly the entire sortie radar off and hiding in valleys, highest they go is approx 250 agl.

Our awacs and therefore dl has been piss poor at finding them either. You get the occasional bra call and then pooof gone.

I flew 2 hours last mission and never saw any of them once, never had anything in my tid either. Had msybe a dozen bra calls and that was it.

Theres multiple groups on both sides spread all over the map. Tacview showed several times that we literally flew past each other within a mile or 2 haha, some other members of my team had more joy but wow its hard to find them using those tactics.

Im in tomcat btw whch els lke hard work looking down over land

I thought you're playing in public server.

In this case I suggest you find one good competent RIO. F-14 was meant to be operated by 2 people. Human RIO can make a big different in gameplay.

Good luck

I thought you're playing in public server.

In this case I suggest you find one good competent RIO. F-14 was meant to be operated by 2 people. Human RIO can make a big different in gameplay.

Good luck

Nah this is our own mission on our own server, we do have a couple of guys who ca rio and im working on it but they fly on mission nightsusually. Wed LOVE dedicated rios but they seem to be rarer than rocking horseshit

Why you have to search them on a first place ? What is the mission objective ? Are you defending or attacking ? If you attack, go for your objective, leave a 2nd flight behind to protect you in case they pop up.

If you are defending something, establish patrol close to the defending point, put shorad to cover low alt and stay above wait for them to pop up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why you have to search them on a first place ? What is the mission objective ? Are you defending or attacking ? If you attack, go for your objective, leave a 2nd flight behind to protect you in case they pop up.

If you are defending something, establish patrol close to the defending point, put shorad to cover low alt and stay above wait for them to pop up.

They are basically sttacking and we are defending, they make heavy use of terrain masking and it works frustratingly well.

What is shorad?

What is shorad?

Short Range Air Defense, basically IR guided SAMs and AAA.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Alas no human rio
If you cant find human RIO then ask them to change the aircraft for you. Go for Hornet or Viper (I would personally choose Viper) if you have the modules thou. Or any single seat fighter should be ok. Tomcat works best with human RIO.

If you cant find human RIO then ask them to change the aircraft for you. Go for Hornet or Viper (I would personally choose Viper) if you have the modules thou. Or any single seat fighter should be ok. Tomcat works best with human RIO.

Tomcat is life! I do have the f16 although ive only flown it once

Learn how to operate your radar. This has more to do with your radar operation than their terrain masking.

Your AWACS needs to be placed in a good spot, and so do your wingmen. But primarily, for an F-14, get a RIO - I don't even know if Jester knows how to 'scan low'.

Staying at low altitude destroys your own advantages in this scenario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Learn how to operate your radar. This has more to do with your radar operation than their terrain masking.

Your AWACS needs to be placed in a good spot, and so do your wingmen. But primarily, for an F-14, get a RIO - I don't even know if Jester knows how to 'scan low'.

Staying at low altitude destroys your own advantages in this scenario.

Cant flip seats in mp