Tarawa Updates - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 AM   #11
Teetwo

I truly hope we see something along the lines of the super carrier for the Tarawa.
Teetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #12
Konovalov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetwo View Post
I truly hope we see something along the lines of the super carrier for the Tarawa.
Forget that in 2020. I'd just be happy with a proper working Tarawa this year without the stupid AI driving up my backside on the deck as I start up along with being to use it in multiplayer. It has been effectively dysfunctional for 1-2 years. All I am asking from ED and Razbam is for the ability to use the Harrier on the Tarawa as it should be.
Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #13
sc_neo

I don't really see what the super carrier has to do with the Tarawa. No where have i see any statement by Razbam that they will be able to use any new code from ED to better that boat. The only ting i would think might be really useful is the general code for the deck sliding issues many modules have on ships. But i feel thats about it. Maybe the night lighting.

But when we look at the Tarawa, and see how many ai assets are being shown for the Falklands map, and i am sure we should be able to land on some of them, i fear the worst.

But, Razbam themselves just recently stated again that DCS is a by-product from their other business operations so that probably explains a lot about their bug fixing priorities and speed of product development.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #14
tugais

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
But, Razbam themselves just recently stated again that DCS is a by-product from their other business operations so that probably explains a lot about their bug fixing priorities and speed of product development.
Would you provide the source to this quote ? I don't remember reading such thing on these forums or their Discord server. Thank you.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #15
sc_neo

A post on their discord from Thursday in the bo-105 channel. It's not about being angry but about setting ones expectations straight. Even fairly feature complete modules seem to take ages to get finished. So it's not easy to judge from the state of an EA module on EA release date how long it will take until it is finished and bug free. Especially since every dev. here seems to be working on various modules other than the ones already in EA the entire thing becomes very hard to predict as an enduser.

Last edited by sc_neo; 02-09-2020 at 07:05 PM.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #16
Cornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugais View Post
Would you provide the source to this quote ? I don't remember reading such thing on these forums or their Discord server. Thank you.

Member of "the small group here who are very vocal" inbound. Toxicity reaching danger levels. Forum is facing total destrution. Is there any hope for salvation?
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:19 PM   #17
tugais

Thank you guys for the answer, I didn't know DCS was only a part of their business. A lot of things are a lot clearer knowing this, thank you again.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #18
Yoda1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugais View Post
Thank you guys for the answer, I didn't know DCS was only a part of their business. A lot of things are a lot clearer knowing this, thank you again.
If you enter in their page, you can see, DCS looks like is their market. Cheap excuses.
Update:MSI Z390-A PRO, i7-9700K 3.6Ghz liquid Cooled, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64GB, Asus Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO OC Edition 8GB GDDR6, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2, HOTAS TM Warthog, HP Reverb
Yoda1975 is offline   Reply With Quote