F-7B as the next module?

1223850794_9a97577a1f_z.jpg?zz=1

I think it would be a simple yet iconic PLAAF fighter for DCS a nice contemporary for the MiG-21Bis F-5E and Coming MiG-23 Mirage F1 and F-4

we already have a mig-21

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Same could be said for the Teen series fighters alas we have them

Same could be said for the J-11A, yet its in the game...

Your absolutely right. We didn't need those either. Deka has said the next module will either be a J-8II F or a Q-5. Personally I'll be thrilled for either.

Your absolutely right. We didn't need those either. Deka has said the next module will either be a J-8II F or a Q-5. Personally I'll be thrilled for either.

Wow, both of those were on my wishlist for Deka's next future module. Fantastic if that's correct information! I'd love to see them do a J10 as well, that's a superb modern fighter that would be a great addition to "red air" here in DCS. I'm SO impressed with the work Deka has done with the JF17 - I can't wait to see what they come up with next. They really do have a lot of options, J16 and JH7 for 2 seaters, the J8II F or Q5 as stated, J10, etc.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

F-7B is not distinct enough from MiG-21F-13. What we need is the J-7G. It is very much a new design on its own right.

J-7G

Not just another fishbed.

The new wings retain the existing leading-edge sweep angle of 57° inboard but have reduced sweep angle of 42° on the outboard wing, which also has a leading-edge flap fitted. This design offered an excellent solution to the inherent low aspect ratio problem of a slender delta. The slighting larger wingspan and 8.17% more wing area also gave an increased internal fuel capacity (from 2,080kg to 4,165kg) and much enhanced manoeuvrability.The aircraft’s performance was further enhanced by the introduction of an improved Liming (LMC) Wopen-13F turbojet rated at 44.1kN dry and 66.7kN with afterburning, giving a thrust-to-weight ratio of about 0.9 in clean, take-off configuration compared with 0.8 of J-7B. The sea-level climbing rate has increased from 155m/s to 195m/s; the ferry range has increased from 1,500km to 2,200km; the G limit has increased from 7g to 8g. The maximum instantaneous turn rate is 25.2 degree/sec, and the maximum sustained turn rate at 1,000m altitude is 16 degree/sec. According to CAC’s advertisement, compared with the J-7B, the overall aerodynamic performance of J-7G has increased by 43%, and the combat effectiveness has increased by 84%.

DZ4aL0K.jpg

I once heard that they tested with Pakistan's F-16A. The results shown that without BVR missiles, just use short range IR missiles and the internal cannon for dog fight, F-16A had no advantage over the J-7G.

SpsCtpv.jpg

J-7G is equipped with an I/J-band KLJ-6E Lieying (“Falcon”) pulse-Doppler fire-control radar allegedly based on the Israeli EL/M2001. A new one-piece front windscreen replaced the original three-piece design for better cockpit visibility. Other improvements include a new Type III IFF, an indigenous zero-height, zero-speed ejection seat, and improved electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite. The J-7G firs flew in June 2002 and entered the PLAAF service in 2004. The J-7G production is expected to last for few years before the J-10 and J-11B fighter can enter service in significant numbers. 16 examples of the J-7G fighter were delivered to the PLAAF 37th Air Division (serial number 5XX8X) based at Urumqi, Xinjiang. An additional 32 aircraft were delivered to the PLAAF 12th Division (serial number 2XX3X) in November 2006. An unarmed version designated J-7GB replaced the earlier J-7EB in the PLAAF August 1st Aerobatic Demonstration Team

It can carry advanced missiles like PL-8 and PL-9.

sLOWQau.jpg

Also, for those who can learned Chinese, please watch this:

Edited by J-20

F-7B is not distinct enough from MiG-21F-13. What we need is the J-7G. It is very much a new design on its own right.

This, basically. Having an early MiG-21 or a more modernized one would be fantastic. Especially one affected by the Sino-Soviet split and has a few different design philosophies applied to it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

J-8II F I find very interesting. A 'Su-15' if you like.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Any cold war classic and truly RedFor plane will be very much welcome.

Especially war proven like i.e. J-7A or B variants used in Vietnam and shooting down enemy airplanes in real air combat.

Edited by bies

Any cold war classic and truly RedFor plane will be very much welcome.

Especially war proven like i.e. J-7A or B variants used in Vietnam and shooting down enemy airplanes in real air combat.

I understand that you wish to have some war proven jets. But why waste Deka's resource on a jet that has little difference compare to the Soviet variant. We can ask other developer teams for Soviet jets.

Here is the data I gathered, in Soviet, MiG-21 variants can be categorized into 3 stages.

The first stage had the smallest airframe. The most prominent variant were MiG-21F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-21P. Those ones are mostly day fighters has no radar (except MiG-21P), and had shortest range, slowest climb rate and best maneuverability amount all MiG-21 variants.

The second stage had larger airframe. The range and climb rate was increased at a cost of some maneuverability. Those variants are all weather fighters as well. The most prominent variants include: MiG-21PF, MiG-21PFM, MiG-21R and MiG-21S.

The last stage has the largest airframe with best range, climb rate, but they are the least maneuverable by comparison. Those variants include MiG-21SM, MiG-21MF and MiG-21bis.

Since we already have a MiG-21 from the 3rd stage, why not requesting for a MiG-21 from second stage like MiG-21R or MiG-21S. Just don't request it from Deka team, let's reserve Deka team for Chinese planes. :thumbup:

As for the J-7, the development also has gone through few stages.

1: J-7 series

This is almost identical to the MiG-21F-13 series.

2: J-7I series (F-7A for export)

upgrades and optimisations of J-7 series.

New pylons for Chinese missiles like PL-2 series and wing fuel tanks.

Better ejection seat

Better engine WP-7II

New IFF

3: J-7II series (F-7B for export)

further optmisation of J-7I airframe

New centre pylon for 720L belly tank.

WP-7II block 2 engine.

Flair and chaff launcher

ECM

LUMrhLb.jpg

r04CUm7.png

4: J-7M (F-7M) air-guard

The most built model. Exported to Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and Iran.

HUD and data computer from UK

Sky Ranger 7M ranging radar

New on board ECM

Encrypted radio

4 wing pylons instead of 2 (From this point onwards all J-7s have 4 wing pylons)

WP-7BM engine

LJ-2 RWR

The domestic version called J-7IIM, capable of carrying PL-7, PL-8 and PL-9.

3HeYJvK.png

5: F-7MP sky bolt series.

Basically a J-7M with a search radar. Designed to outperforms Mirage 5 in every aspect and specifically for export only.

Martin-Baker Mk 10 ejection seat.

New IFF and radio.

Better oxygen supply system.

Grifo-7 radar.

Unlike the development of MiG-21 in Soviet, all those different airframes listed above have roughly the same size,because PLA was unwilling to sacrifice maneuverability for speed and range.

6: J-7III series.

China obtained some MiG-21MF from Egypt. After study the airframe, China decided that the radar and avionics from the MiG-21MF are inadequate. So they developed their own radar and avionics specifically for this airframe.

JL-7A mono pulse radar with look down shot down capability

WP-13FI engine.

KL-11A auto pilot

HTY-3 ejection seat

Type 481 data link

930-3 RWR (far better than the ones in the MiG-21MF)

HK-13A HUD

PL-7 and PL-8 missiles

Only about 4 to 5 squadrons of those were made, because once again, Chinese didn't like the idea that MiG-21MF airframe sacrificed maneuverability.

7: J-7E series

After Chinese felt unsatisfied with J-7III airframe, they went back to the smaller airframe and developed a new double delta wing to further increase the maneuverability of J-7. This variant has only ranging radar. It's export variant known as F-7GP was well liked in the export market.

8: J-7G series

Nations which purchase J-7E really like the plane. In fact their feedback were so good that China decide to make a domestic variant of J-7E of their own with a Doppler radar called J-7G.

HOTAS control

A Chinese derivative of EL/M-2032 Doppler radar specifically designed to fit the nose cone of J-7G with a search range of 60km.

New HUD with SMS

Can carry PL-8 and PL-9 missile

Further info:

Not just another fishbed.

The new wings retain the existing leading-edge sweep angle of 57° inboard but have reduced sweep angle of 42° on the outboard wing, which also has a leading-edge flap fitted. This design offered an excellent solution to the inherent low aspect ratio problem of a slender delta. The slighting larger wingspan and 8.17% more wing area also gave an increased internal fuel capacity (from 2,080kg to 4,165kg) and much enhanced manoeuvrability.The aircraft’s performance was further enhanced by the introduction of an improved Liming (LMC) Wopen-13F turbojet rated at 44.1kN dry and 66.7kN with afterburning, giving a thrust-to-weight ratio of about 0.9 in clean, take-off configuration compared with 0.8 of J-7B. The sea-level climbing rate has increased from 155m/s to 195m/s; the ferry range has increased from 1,500km to 2,200km; the G limit has increased from 7g to 8g. The maximum instantaneous turn rate is 25.2 degree/sec, and the maximum sustained turn rate at 1,000m altitude is 16 degree/sec. According to CAC’s advertisement, compared with the J-7B, the overall aerodynamic performance of J-7G has increased by 43%, and the combat effectiveness has increased by 84%.

DZ4aL0K.jpg

I once heard that they tested with Pakistan's F-16A. The results shown that without BVR missiles, just use short range IR missiles and the internal cannon for dog fight, F-16A had no advantage over the J-7G.

SpsCtpv.jpg

J-7G is equipped with an I/J-band KLJ-6E Lieying (“Falcon”) pulse-Doppler fire-control radar allegedly based on the Israeli EL/M2001. A new one-piece front windscreen replaced the original three-piece design for better cockpit visibility. Other improvements include a new Type III IFF, an indigenous zero-height, zero-speed ejection seat, and improved electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite. The J-7G firs flew in June 2002 and entered the PLAAF service in 2004. The J-7G production is expected to last for few years before the J-10 and J-11B fighter can enter service in significant numbers. 16 examples of the J-7G fighter were delivered to the PLAAF 37th Air Division (serial number 5XX8X) based at Urumqi, Xinjiang. An additional 32 aircraft were delivered to the PLAAF 12th Division (serial number 2XX3X) in November 2006. An unarmed version designated J-7GB replaced the earlier J-7EB in the PLAAF August 1st Aerobatic Demonstration Team

It can carry advanced missiles like PL-8 and PL-9.

sLOWQau.jpg

Edited by J-20

One can NOT have enough MiG-21s. Besides, J-7 isn't just another MiG-21, especially late versions like J-7G.

Honestly, I'd much prefer J-7 over J-8. J-8 is cool too, but in the end it's more of a big, heavy-ish interceptor, while J-7 is a small, more nimble, and also fairly multirole plane. Also, J-7 has seen much wider service over the world than J-8.

I may be wrong, but doesn't late J-7/F-7 versions have some additional air to ground guided weapon capabilities too?

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Please not another mig21...

MiG-21 was a classic fighter of XX centaury. MiG-21bis is my favourite module together with Tomcat.

Some MiG-21 were very different, i.e. MiG-21F-13 didn't have radar only radio range finder and infra red sensor. It was far lighter, far more nimble and maneuverable than heavier 21bis we have. F-13 had great visibility from canopy contrary to later variants.

67cf1ff3e3cb6a615f812f2c50bef30b-mig21_cockpits.jpg

And 21bis in 1972 was not most modern airplane, rather cheap and simple construction, kind of squeezing last drops from old airframe designed decades ago, without much chances against early 1970s F-14 and F-15. That's why some folks have the impression of MiG-21 being outclassed.

Contrary 21F-13 from late 1950s was cutting edge technology able to fight on equal terms with the most advanced fighters of the world like F-104, J-35 Drakken or Mirage IIIC and even early Phantoms and Crusaders over Vietnam.

I will vote for J-10CE anytime anywhere, no more old redfor aircrafts PLZ

You mean Chinese export J-10CE canard–delta wing fighter from year 2018 with AESA radar?

It is impossible. It is classified. You can "vote" for F-22, F-35, PAKFA or Rafale as well.

Maybe in 20-30 years. Maybe.

Edited by bies