Huey wish list

ebabil

I would like the ability to pick up downed pilots in MP. Would be funny to pick up a Russian pilot after he gets shot down by an Eagle, and sit in the door gunner position as he gets in. Just waiting for him to make a wrong move....

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

I would like the ability to pick up downed pilots in MP. Would be funny to pick up a Russian pilot after he gets shot down by an Eagle, and sit in the door gunner position as he gets in. Just waiting for him to make a wrong move....

Yes we need to be able to pick up downed pilots that have a radio we can home in on to find them, maybe the downed pilot can pop smoke :thumbup:

and drop troops and equipment to change the war zone.

It would be nice if the switches would have separate commands.

For example, in Controls, you can only set 'battery on/off'. I'd like an option to set ON and OFF individually (for advanced programming in TARGET for the Warthog, for example, where I could set the 'APU Start' switch on the throttle to work as the battery switch in Huey (with the UP position being 'Battery ON' and the DOWN position being 'Battery Off'. The same goes for all the switches in the cockpit (for example, the Fuel switch only has one command, while we'd need separate commands for up and down positions of the switch).

Not sure about the TARGET software as i dont use it. But you can already set this up by editing the .lua file for the switches. so when you move the switch forward or aft it turns on the battery or the fuel switches. + side by using the .lua file is you dont have to worry about switching profiles in target becauses its already set up for each aircraft in the game :)

Jesse

Well... That just isn't true. It's more dangerous to have both pilots on the controls. It's total bullshit really.

Like it or not, that's what the author states.

For me, it has to be a TOW capable platform or at least something similar that can fire ATGMs.

Edited by Hellfire257

I've always wanted to see my virtual pilot's hand move when I move the mouse around cockpit instead of a booger sized cursor, but I think one or two testers basically told me to stop being delusional.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I would like the option for the mouse to override TrackIR while in the door gunner position or the copilot position when the flex-sight is enabled.

I have not tried it but I suspect the mouse would work if you pause TIR. Just a guess, of course.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I wish to get raindrops and a sar version of chopper, also civilian long skid version. Also I hate that exhaust gases deflecting thing. I'd like to get a clear exhaust instead. Also animated troop insertion/ deployment and everything realted to it would rock. FM is awesome, however "short stick gaming joystick" sensitivity settings are needed.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

The skids grinding on concrete should be much louder. Right now if you really pay attention you can hear a slight noise doing a run on at 40 kts.

• Female Co-Pilot. Might as well have something pretty to look at on those long cross-country flights. :)

During the campaign flight when the commander said that redhead is cute, I actually looked around. Both sad and disappointing.

Well... That just isn't true. It's more dangerous to have both pilots on the controls. It's total bullshit really.

The book was referring to 'ghosting' the controls, where the non-flying pilot places their hands and feet carefully near the controls, sometimes touching very lightly, ready to take control instantly if required.

The same thing also usually happens during training/instruction when close to the ground or obstacles.

However, it is important that only the flying pilot is flying the aircraft and making control inputs unless the non-flying pilot takes over.

Two pilots flying/fighting at the same time is bad. :)

- Bear

Edited by HuggyBear
added boldface, italics don't stand out that well

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Beside's these two

-active ai door gunners

-visible troops in chopper , loading unloading

I would like to also see more animation and movement from the co pilot. (Flipping switch's, taping gauges, pointing at things etc...)

If possible:

1) The rear gunner on MULTICAM http://www.blraerospace.com/images/uploads/products/bell-uh1-militarycredits.jpg

2) the possibility to remove the rear and front doors :thumbup:

3) Equip the rear door gunner with life jacket and plate carrier and maxillofacial shield http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5537/3944.JPG

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5537/3943.JPG

4) Implementation of new rear doors gun like M134 Minigun or GAU 21

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HAOe-HGU0CM/Tf1Hz_UreMI/AAAAAAAAABI/O1p4DK1rtxo/s1600/Huey%2BGAU-21.JPG

THX A LOTS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If possible:

2) the possibility to remove the rear and front doors :thumbup:

To be honest, before this sim I always thought the Huey was designed to be open, i.e. no cargo doors... you never see it in Vietnam-era movies with the doors closed :)

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

There's a nice big empty space on the dash... any chance of a radio altimeter? please!

RWR would be much more needed , it would fit perfectly in there :D

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I`d wish for a huey mounted loudspeaker to capture those "wandering souls".

but we could always play wagner instead!

not a joke. the use of the mounted speaker was apparently a very persuasive concept in the vietnam war. but dangerous too as it could affect the allied soldiers. They played ghostly recordings that they would try to weaken the enemy with on a personal level.

but wagner alone is good! lol

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the Autopilot/Co-pilot, I'd like to see a route following option, and the barometric altitude hold changed to radar altitude hold.

Also, I wanna see the red head!