Editing Pilot patches

Mike Busutil

I am trying to edit the pilot patches.

If I go to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\Textures\uh-1.zip I find the default pilot patch file named "pilot_UH1_patch_1_cavalery"

It looks like this.

LvshygQ.png

I am copying this file to my desktop, putting it into DXTBmp to convert it from a DDS to a Bmp file. I am using Photoshop to edit the image and am saving it as a Bmp. I place this file back into DXTBmp and save it as a DDS DXT5 file.

I am then placing this new edited file into my livery folder and editing the description file to read: {"pilot_UH1_patch_1_cavalery", 0, "pilot_UH1_patch_1_cavalery", false}. This did not work and the default patches remain.

I then tried to edit the name for new patch DDS file to "pilot_UH1_patch" and changed the description file to read: {"pilot_UH1_patch_1_cavalery", 0, "pilot_UH1_patch", false}. This did not work and the default patches remain.

Anyone see an error in this or know why this is not working for me?

Thanks for any help.

are you sure you are spelling that right "cavalry" not "cavalery" it doesnt matter if they are consistent … but

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I did some work on patches for some skins a friend was making,

{"pilot_F18_patch", 0 ,"Pilot_patch_FAA803",false};
{"pilot_F18_patch", 1 ,"Pilot_patch_FAA803_NORM",false};

so the data you would change would be the third variable... if that doesnt work check the file size, the should be "similar" sizes

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg