Supercarrier Price

joojoo

Hey to all

Just I checked the newsletter about the Supercarrier. As I checked there will be a dicount in preorders and a discount to those who have the hornet. What if I preorder the module the same time that I have the hornet as well? Shall I take an additional dicount? Any information?

Thanx a lot

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Info:

Wait for next Fri and we’ll not only know the price, but will be able to pre-order it

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

9L said the discounts will be about the same either way. For hornet guys you can a) get 30% off if you pre-order. OR you will still have a "similar" discount after the pre-order period closes. So more or less you can be a beta tester or wait to see if its any good.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So what encourages F-18 owners to pre-order?

Nothing apparently. Aside from the fact its awesome. Odd call by ED IMO, but I'm more than used to that by now.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

Hi all

We will let everyone know the price and the different options soon.

As mentioned in the newsletter

DCS: Supercarrier will be available for pre-order on January 17th with a 30% discount and will deliver as an Open Beta by the end of Q1 2020. Owners of DCS: F/A-18C will receive a discount when purchasing DCS: Supercarrier.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

They could just make the non-Hornet owners' pre-release discount 30% and the Hornet owners' pre-release discount x% higher. That way, they don't force Hornet owners to wait and remain good to their promised discount. After release, they could just up the price to either full or retain an x% discount for a little longer, so as not to upset the peeps that don't want to buy the pre-release.

I know that is effectively "stacking", but the alternative is likely to test ED's "anti-pitch fork defences" :)

I really hope that the hornet discount will not be exclusive of the pre-order discount, say 20% discount if you own the hornet and a further 30% if pre-purchase it too. That would almost guarantee that the whole hornet userbase will purchase Supercarrier :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I really hope that the hornet discount will not be exclusive of the pre-order discount, say 20% discount if you own the hornet and a further 30% if pre-purchase it too. That would almost guarantee that the whole hornet userbase will purchase Supercarrier :)

They already said it wouldn't stack like that.

Hi all

We will let everyone know the price and the different options soon.

As mentioned in the newsletter

DCS: Supercarrier will be available for pre-order on January 17th with a 30% discount and will deliver as an Open Beta by the end of Q1 2020. Owners of DCS: F/A-18C will receive a discount when purchasing DCS: Supercarrier.

Thanks

I think the confusion is whether or not there be a better than 30% discount for Hornet owners during the pre-order period. The news letter info you repeated is ambiguous.

I can give 100$ but release him as soon as possible! :D

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

• ED Team
Are you really just paying for a asset to add in the mission planner? Does it add anything of value to the game?

You may want to look at today's and previous newsletters to get an idea of what you get, it's much much more than just an asset to the mission planner.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4168367#post4168367

This is a good one for info:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4010807&postcount=211

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

One question that bothers me: Extra discount only for F-18C and F-14 not included? I remember deck crews for carriers first came up by Heatblur including pictures from it. Is the Supercarrier DLC solely made by Eagle Dynamics or is this a joint effort by ED and Heatblur? What about the pictures from Heatblur, is there more planned in regards of carrier deck crew and not only for sueprcarrier dlc? Any hints would help. Did not find anything new in the Heatblur section of this forum.

Kind regards, MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

One question that bothers me: Extra discount only for F-18C and F-14 not included? I remember deck crews for carriers first came up by Heatblur including pictures from it. Is the Supercarrier DLC solely made by Eagle Dynamics or is this a joint effort by ED and Heatblur? What about the pictures from Heatblur, is there more planned in regards of carrier deck crew and not only for sueprcarrier dlc? Any hints would help. Did not find anything new in the Heatblur section of this forum.

Kind regards, MKev

HB will release their own carrier for free for Tomcat owners with less details and features than the supercarrier.

What I don't understand is why Hornet owners expect an extra discount? I mean, who else do they expect to buy the Supercarrier, MIG-17 owners? :D

New module = work = time = money. That's how I see it. I've spent furtunes on DCS already, but I realize that's what it costs, and I have no regrets.

HB will release their own carrier for free for Tomcat owners with less details and features than the supercarrier.

What I don't understand is why Hornet owners expect an extra discount? I mean, who else do they expect to buy the Supercarrier, MIG-17 owners? :D

New module = work = time = money. That's how I see it. I've spent furtunes on DCS already, but I realize that's what it costs, and I have no regrets.

Sounds nice. We get the Super carriers and additional carriers. The more the better. Thanks for the quick answer. All the goodies to me please :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

Maybe it is for no other reason than ED promising said discount when the Hornet first came out????

Of course, percentages don't mean much until we know the absolute price of the Supercarrier module, so it might not make much difference either way.