Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 108 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 03:29 AM   #1071
WindyTX

Reputation power: 3
WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

Thanks good timing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GTX 1080 Has its uses
WindyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:40 AM   #1072
WindyTX

WindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura aboutWindyTX has a spectacular aura about

One quick question what springs and cams does it ship with.

GTX 1080 Has its uses
Old 08-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #1073
Cyph3r

Reputation power: 7
Cyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the roughCyph3r is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyTX View Post
One quick question what springs and cams does it ship with.

It comes preinstalled with the hard center cams and medium strength springs!

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #1074
WindyTX

Anyone swapped the cams yet.

I have my Roll cam swapped but the Pitch Cam will not come out and I have tried pretty forcefully worried about breaking the whole dam thing.

Ok its a pain in the Arse but to do it take a small torx put it in the screw hole be careful not to get into the threads of the mount and then lever the thing out against the Cam Gymbal mount.

Also watch the logic board it has spacer washer and nut between it and the side to stop it getting bent when you tighten it. took me 2 hours to work through it all still it works.

Cheers

Windy

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Last edited by WindyTX; 08-12-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #1075
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

Quote:
You may have to give us a few days. You might well be the first in an English speaking country to have received your Mongoose LOL. I am envious!

Mine still shows just leaving the Export office on the 10th, no updates since. I assumed it is en-route to me somewhere in betwixt and between.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #1076
heloguy

Reputation power: 10
heloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the rough

Just got my T-50 base. Changed the cams/springs to the soft center/light springs, then mounted everything up to try it out. Unfortunately I was met with the below screen on the control panel. None of the buttons respond. The axes work just fine, though.

Side note, the cam changing process, while a pain, wouldn't be so bad, except the milling of the parts seems like it might be too tight. I had a real hard time getting the pitch cam to seat all the way so the screw holes would line up. I had to press it in place using the bearing arm assembly.

Edit: Turns out it was the PS2 connector. I changed to a different one, and now everything is working. I'll leave the rest of the post as is, in case someone has the same problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-50 Control Panel.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	167427  
32gb RAM
Windows 10 x64
Working through joystick/pedal combos (current favorite VKB Gunfighter w/BRD F1 Pedals)
Oculus CV1

Last edited by heloguy; 08-12-2017 at 10:31 PM.
heloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #1077
heloguy

Reputation power: 10
heloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the roughheloguy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I have my Roll cam swapped but the Pitch Cam will not come out and I have tried pretty forcefully worried about breaking the whole dam thing.

Ok its a pain in the Arse but to do it take a small torx put it in the screw hole be careful not to get into the threads of the mount and then lever the thing out against the Cam Gymbal mount.

Also watch the logic board it has spacer washer and nut between it and the side to stop it getting bent when you tighten it. took me 2 hours to work through it all still it works.

Cheers

Windy
It definitely isn't an easy process, but I was able to work it loose with side-to-side motion with my fingers, although I had a flathead screwdriver on standby.
32gb RAM
Windows 10 x64
Working through joystick/pedal combos (current favorite VKB Gunfighter w/BRD F1 Pedals)
Oculus CV1
heloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:22 PM   #1078
WindyTX

Yea I got it all done I am using the soft center 3 dot Cams and the medium springs. I have a 30 cm extension on it and it centers great with the Virpil stick top.

After couple of hours using it I am very happy it took me a couple of hours to sort through the Cam swap but it is all set up now.

The sensors are excellent I see the in game stick reflect every tiny movement ( way better than my 5 year old Warthog ). There is zero sticktion and formation flying is a joy.

I have recommended they send them out with the soft center cam to save the Cam change Pain which I think the majority of us would prefer, tho it would be interesting to hear from someone with a Warthog stick top on it as the extra weight does make a difference.

GTX 1080 Has its uses
Old 08-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #1079
kingpinda

Reputation power: 9
kingpinda is a jewel in the roughkingpinda is a jewel in the roughkingpinda is a jewel in the roughkingpinda is a jewel in the roughkingpinda is a jewel in the roughkingpinda is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I have recommended they send them out with the soft center cam to save the Cam change Pain which I think the majority of us would prefer, tho it would be interesting to hear from someone with a Warthog stick top on it as the extra weight does make a difference.

Mine will be sent at the beginning of next week I hope. When i get my hands on it I will sure be sure to let you guys know. I might switch to no center and medium springs on warthog with 12 cm extension because I fly helo's mostly.

Last edited by kingpinda; 08-12-2017 at 11:51 PM.
kingpinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #1080
Barefoot Bandit

Reputation power: 1
Barefoot Bandit will become famous soon enoughBarefoot Bandit will become famous soon enough

You people are as bad as I am. New toy arrives - take apart and modify!

Z...
Barefoot Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc