Issues with MW50 usage. - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #31
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Reputation power: 44
Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Weird, very weird.

i was testing the FW-190 with radiators fully open manually and my engine breaks 4:30 minutes after engaging the MW50.

All the times......

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:09 AM   #32
Nerd1000

Reputation power: 3
Nerd1000 has a spectacular aura aboutNerd1000 has a spectacular aura aboutNerd1000 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
Weird, very weird.

i was testing the FW-190 with radiators fully open manually and my engine breaks 4:30 minutes after engaging the MW50.

All the times......
What happens with radiators fully closed?

This MW50 induced engine blowup problem doesn't seem to be an overheating issue based on other comments. I bet it's something to do with the engine durability model- they've put a decimal place in the wrong spot or something, and the engine wears out very quickly when MW50 is engaged.
Nerd1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #33
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 7
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about

Iwent through the entire flight manual but could not find the rules about 10 min with MW-50 followed by 5 min cooling down. What page please?
Also in all the posts about tests with MW-50 On, I did not see an indication at what power setting they were running. Is it implied that they were running at full throttle?
Old 08-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #34
amazingme

Reputation power: 4
amazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura aboutamazingme has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Weird, very weird.

All the times......
I can confirm. It happened to me several times today. Radiators wide open, engine stops all of a sudden..
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, Saitek X55 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, 27" monitor, TN panel, 1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #35
Flying-Kane

Reputation power: 7
Flying-Kane will become famous soon enoughFlying-Kane will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
Iwent through the entire flight manual but could not find the rules about 10 min with MW-50 followed by 5 min cooling down. What page please?
Also in all the posts about tests with MW-50 On, I did not see an indication at what power setting they were running. Is it implied that they were running at full throttle?

Hi LeCuvier,

MW50 can only be used with full power setting. The time rule is stated in war time manuals.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #36
saburo_cz

Reputation power: 4
saburo_cz will become famous soon enoughsaburo_cz will become famous soon enoughsaburo_cz will become famous soon enough

When D-9 was released as a final product (DCSW 1.5.xx) i tried how long is she able to fly with MW in non combat conditions on map with default weather. It was somewhere 17-18 minutes repeatedly until engine died.

Today tried it with the same conditions on Normandy map, with result somewhere 5-6 minutes until engine died with one exception... I tried it 5 times, 4 times with that short result and ones engine worked 15 minutes with MW.

Always i flew at low altitude MW was switched after i reached 500km/h and my speed did not fall under 570km/h with MW.

Coolant temperature was always 100°C (may be 102 or 103 ) and oil temperature, needle held uper limit mark from allowable range (whole flight).

edit: radior was always set AUTO, i did not touch it..

Last edited by saburo_cz; 08-15-2017 at 04:44 PM.
saburo_cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #37
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 93
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Weird, very weird.

All the times......
Have you tried different times for the first usage? Not taking it to the 10 min limit the first time?

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #38
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Esac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to allEsac_mirmidon is a name known to all

When i open manually the radiator flaps my engine breaks in the first time i use the MW50.

So is not at the second usage. is on the first try.

If i left the flaps on auto, the engine last longer, always the first 10 minutes, and always breaks afted 3:30-4:00 minutes the second.

This is why is so strange. With flaps fully opened, my temps are below the max all the time but the engine breaks even in the first 10 minutes period.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Old 08-20-2017, 01:00 AM   #39
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 93
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Can you guys include outside temps when reporting as well. It does seem to make a difference. I am looking into it, but the operational limits are a bit foggy. Either 30 mins, or 3 bursts of 10 mins with periods of cool down.

My concerns are that pushing the system to 10 mins may be considered abusing it, especially if the temps outside are higher. So even if you cool it down, the engine has already been beat up. THAT SAID... I would like to see more visual cues my engine is upset...

Now, dont get me wrong. I tested last night, it was -5 temps outside. 10mins of boost and my engine tanked 2-3 mins into my cool down period. So either we are doing something wrong, or there is another issue.

So I am looking into it, I just want to understand as much as I can before I report so Yo-Yo doesnt turn me inside out with facts

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #40
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

All my tests at 15° and sea level.

Last edited by Esac_mirmidon; 08-20-2017 at 10:06 AM.