What is this week's 60% Off Bonus Deal about? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
imacken

Reputation power: 2
imacken is on a distinguished road
Default What is this week's 60% Off Bonus Deal about?

I'm obviously being a bit stupid, but I can't see what this deal is? I mean, I can't see any change at the store.
Any clarification appreciated!
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
Simicro

Reputation power: 10
Simicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really nice

Hello,

You are not stupid.

It is not a regular discount on the sale price, it has to do with the bonus points you earn when you buy a module full price.

But I must admit I do not understand very well either in this case.

. DCS 1.5.6 - My DCS Reviews and Articles: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign (New!)
. i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 16 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G - SSD 256 Gb - Win 7 x64 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - MS FFB2 modded / CH Fighterstick - VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV
. My deepest thanks to Devrim (Mi-8 English Cockpit), Mudspike (UH-1H Gauges Mod), Chuck (DCS Tutorial Library), SkateZilla (DCS Updater Guide), BIGNEWY (Cleanup and Repair DCS World)
Simicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #3
imacken

Reputation power: 2
imacken is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that. Still don't understand it though, the bonus on the site is still 20% as usual.
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #4
Simicro

Reputation power: 10
Simicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really niceSimicro is just really nice

I think it means that if you have enough bonus points to spend, you can get up to 60% off on a module. I've never use that system but I believe you only see the discount in the cart after having picked up a module and chosen to spend bonus points. Of course you need to be logged in.

. DCS 1.5.6 - My DCS Reviews and Articles: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign (New!)
. i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 16 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G - SSD 256 Gb - Win 7 x64 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - MS FFB2 modded / CH Fighterstick - VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV
. My deepest thanks to Devrim (Mi-8 English Cockpit), Mudspike (UH-1H Gauges Mod), Chuck (DCS Tutorial Library), SkateZilla (DCS Updater Guide), BIGNEWY (Cleanup and Repair DCS World)
Simicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 118
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simicro View Post
I think it means that if you have enough bonus points to spend, you can get up to 60% off on a module. I've never use that system but I believe you only see the discount in the cart after having picked up a module and chosen to spend bonus points. Of course you need to be logged in.
That is correct. Considering that ED employs people who are native English speakers, one would think that information intended for distribution in English would be worded better.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #6
Art-J

Reputation power: 17
Art-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of lightArt-J is a glorious beacon of light

Normally, there's a limit (30-ish percent? Don't remember) on discount one can get while using his bonus points. The way I understand it, they bumped it up to 60 for this promo.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #7
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 87
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

Bonus System Information:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120893

Basically, Call it "ED Bucks", if you buy a module at Full Price you get a % of that Purchase as ED Bucks on your Login.

You can Use those ED Bucks to discount up to 60% off Modules Right Now, the Normal Limit is 30%.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:40 PM   #8
Vespar

Reputation power: 0
Vespar is on a distinguished road

Ahh that sucks Ive been refreshing the page all day looking for the 60% off, I was about to buy 3 modules thinking they were 60% off. Ah well guess Ill have to wait for the next sale.
Vespar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #9
Oceandar

Reputation power: 16
Oceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
Ahh that sucks Ive been refreshing the page all day looking for the 60% off, I was about to buy 3 modules thinking they were 60% off. Ah well guess Ill have to wait for the next sale.
You're gonna wait forever then since ED no longer give 60 % discount like in the past. The biggest is 50% AFAIK. And they just gave it few weeks ago as summer sale. So you maybe have to wait till next summer
Old 08-14-2017, 12:23 AM   #10
SharkBaztard

Reputation power: 1
SharkBaztard is on a distinguished road

Yea I have been refreshing ready to buy haha..oh well
SharkBaztard is offline   Reply With Quote