MiG-21 Bix vs MiG-21PF

upyr1

Well, it differs in design, equipment, avionics and even engine.

MiG-21PF for instance was equipped with:

- RP-21 radar station allowing to employ RS-2US missiles

- R-11F-2 engine

- SPO-2 RWR

- old style one piece canopy

- no internal gun, only late PFs gained ability to utilize GP-9 gondola

So it is a lot less capable than MiG-21bis.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

The PF's also enjoyed a slightly higher top speed. I want to say that the North Vietnamese had more F-13s, though. Either way, the North Vietnamese had aircraft representing the first generation of MiG-21s while the bis is the ultimate variation of the second.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Fishbed had 4 generations;

1. generation: F, F-13 type 72, F-13 type 74, U type 400, U type 600,

2. generation: PF, PFS, PFM, FL, R, US,

3. generation: S, SM, SMT, M, MF, MT, UM,

4. generation: BIS type 75A, BIS type 75B

Edited by foxbat155

Dont forget about "5th Gen" Bison and Lancer :vertag:

They are almost stealthy!

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

The PF's also enjoyed a slightly higher top speed. I want to say that the North Vietnamese had more F-13s, though. Either way, the North Vietnamese had aircraft representing the first generation of MiG-21s while the bis is the ultimate variation of the second.

If I am not mistaken a good majority of them were destroyed during operation Bolo to then be replaced with MiG-21MFs and PFMs

If you do consider making an earlier model I would a appreciate a PFM, its downright gorgeous

I'm an F13 fan. Have a nice collection of 1960 pictures of them when in service in Poland.

SPO is already bound to be fixed. As for AIM-9s, from my general understanding that would require complete replacement of avionics. However, in my opinion Magic I is possible, if one can provide some details on how missile launchers were conneted to Fishbeds pylons and how this was electronically connected, to provide launch signal in pilots headphones.