VR Tip for FPS gain

Hi All, first post here!,

I've been reading all the FPS and VR improvements / Settings and Nvidia settings, they all point to mostly the same thing. ( Razor cortex/Nvidia max performance settings/turn off game MSAA etc etc )

However, by chance I came across a combination of settings that made a huge difference for me anyway.

• 1, I used oculusTrayTool to set super sampling to 1.5 or 2.0 ( remember to restart the oculus service after )

• 2, Within DCS I set the VR Pixel Density all the way to left to 0.5

I can still read the cockpits very clearly, and now seem to get a very decent FPS improvement. additionally when I hit the flyby view in VR I'm not seeing the rubber banding/ghosting anywhere near as bad as before the settings above.

i9-9900k @4.80Ghz

32Gb Ram / 2tb SSD / RTX 2080ti

Samsung 49" QLED

Pimax 5k+ / CV1 / TrackIR5

Thrustmaster Hotas/Throttle

It surely worth try it… but it's not very rational. OTT pixel density is an overrider, means that you can set what you want ingame it won't work over OTT's pixel density.

You should monitore DCS with and without your trick (1.5 OTT and 0.5 ingame versus just 1.5 ingame) to see if there is a difference, because "impressions" can be tricky.

I will try but I don't expect to see magic here ^^ (but who knows before trying ? weird things can happen, mostly when DCS engine is evolving…)

No it's exactly the same.

thanks for the check.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control