• SU-27
    • UH-1H Huey
    • MIG-21bis
    • Fw 190 D-9 Dora
    • Hawk T.1A
    • other (post note)

Issue:

ED has made DCS 1.5ob a complete separate install from 1.2 which causes

VAICOM to not correctly load settings/mission data for 1.5ob. You will see some 'file

not found' messages when VAICOM initializes.

This has to do with DCS folder naming, it should automatically be resolved when ED

releases 1.5 as an official update (which should be very soon now).

Workaround:

In the mean time if you're on 1.5ob you can try this. With a text editor (notepad or

Notepad++) edit the file called 'VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd' in VAICOM\Tools folder

and change this line

'COPY /Y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz TEMP\tempMission.zip'

into:

COPY /Y "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz" TEMP\tempMission.zip

(edit: remove the space in the filename, Forum text editor screwed with this)

Note that when 1.5 gets out as an official release you will have to change this back.

I can confirm this seems to be working properly for me on 1.5. (As long as running VoiceAttack as an Admin in windows 10)

Also, For everyone wondering you should have VAICOM 1.5.8 installed, previous versions wont work, and there is no beta available currently.

I'm also curious as to whether anyone has gotten a boot to the F2 view using this, it was just reported to me yesterday, and i am still currently trying to reproduce it before calling it a bug.

Edited by Davison

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Simply update your VoiceAttack to latest version ( 1.5.8 ).

It's in the Options menu (wrench icon), press 'check for updates'.

Hi, thanks.

Yes, I realsied my mistake and updated. I thought I'd edited my post before you'd replied - obviously not lol

Thank you.

Just in the process of configuring stuff now. :thumbup:

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

alright just an FYI for everyone.

If your voice attack has the lines highlighted in the image below, run voiceattack as an Administrator.

va_1.png.abae81fb345dace999bcecab0c7c2b43.png

Doing so should fix any problems the cmd batch file in the VAICOM tools directory is encountering with copying files from your appdata folder.

This is what your voice attack window should look like if everything is working with 2.0:

va_2.png.983bac172f11619d914f3c03511e9044.png

edit: you'll have to click on the images to read them lol, didnt realize the forums just puts them in like thumbnails... :music_whistling:

edit 2: I know in windows 10 you have to run voiceattack as an administrator (if you go to the voiceattack exe and set it to run as an admin through the properties window, it will save you from having to always remember to right click it). I am not sure if you have to do this for windows 7 or not, but on my windows 7 machine I didn't, on my windows 10 machine I did lol.

Edited by Davison

Wraith, did you get this sorted out? I am having the same issue!

Hi CaptDoctor, after doing the steps Hollywood recommended I was able to get the Easy Communications setting to detect correctly. As for the Invalid Radio option I realized I was releasing the hotkey too early; You can't treat it like a conventional PTT. Hold it down until you hear the success or failure beeps, then you can release.

Missing lua's

I've done the file path edit and running as admin on the latest version but I still get the errors on start up.

No big deal for me really as the programme still works when im recognised, which is really not very often, but I'll persevere with that part.

I love this mod!

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

gary, im curious, did you just update your 1.2 install to 1.5 or did you install 1.5 separately?

I installed mine separately, in the Eagle Dynamics folder where dcs is installed by default i have 2 folders. "DCS" and "DCS World OpenBeta" do you also have these separate folders or just "DCS"?

The reason being, is its possible that for users who simply updated 1.2 to 1.5 through the updater, the folders containing the game and the appdata might not have changed, and you might not have had to do the file path edit.

Edited by Davison

Cool, glad you like VAICOM! I'm not aware of any other profiles yet, v2.0 has only just been released. Perhaps some people will go ahead and make profiles for other modules. Or maybe I could do some more myself if ED will give me a developers license :P

Hi Hollywood,

Fantastic work on the VAICOM profiles. Thank you very much.

By chance would anyone else have profiles for other aircraft, especially the SU-27?

Cheers,

Troy

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Viacom

My install is completely new. New PC and fresh install of 1.5 only on this machine.

I did have both side by side like you on the previous machine but not on this new one.

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

For info see below. Seems the guys at VA are willing to have another look at their joystick functionality.

That would make the whole AutoHotKey setup thing for joysticks obsolete, so hopefully in next VA version.. fingers crossed

----

Hi, thanks for letting us know. I hear VAICOM is pretty popular ;)

As far as the joystick button thing, I can look into it again.

I had discreet down/up events firing in the beginning but it got replaced by being able to do multiple buttons over multiple sticks.

It wouldn't be impossible... just would require some work lol

Again, thanks for the heads up & the suggesstion!

----

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood for a very helpful video.

I am having a bit of trouble though, I have everything installed, and auto hotkey script runs just fine, but when I use my throttle to send the command, voice attack receives it, and shows it is executing properly, but nothing happens in-game. When I use the keyboard, everything works just fine, and I get the expected response. Anyone have any ideas?

NM found I had created a syntax error when changing commands over to match my layout. Works great now!

Edited by Faelwolf

-- new VAICOM aircraft profile: testers needed --

** new module: P-51D **

I made a new VAICOM profile for the P-51D Mustang module, derived from the A-10C command set.

However since I only own the free TF-51D module myself I'm looking for a volunteer that will take this profile for a spin in the actual P-51D before I put it out for release.

So any WWII veterans that are up for it: PM me and I'll send you a link.

Thanks

P.S. the only other module I own at the moment is the SU-25T: plan to look into that one also when I have the time.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Need Help

I have gone through the directions and nothing seems to work. I even watched the video and did all that it said.

When I open(I changed the copy settings file for 1.5)

1:42:17 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

1:42:17 PM - Unable to get value from URI - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOM\Tools\TEMP\mission.lua'.

IN game I have tried all my comm keys and I hear it register and say Start Mission and nothing happens.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Spckler

You seem to have a space (or maybe other illegal character) in your 'mission.l ua' filename.

Could be just the Forum text editor but also may have gotten there through editing the .cmd for 1.5ob. (Q: did you use Notepad or Notepad++).

Can you check your VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd, then just to be sure remove and then retype this filename, preferably in Notepad++.

Then see if it makes a difference.

I have gone through the directions and nothing seems to work. I even watched the video and did all that it said.

When I open(I changed the copy settings file for 1.5)

IN game I have tried all my comm keys and I hear it register and say Start Mission and nothing happens.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Spckler

You seem to have a space (or maybe other illegal character) in your 'mission.l ua' filename.

Could be just the Forum text editor but also may have gotten there through editing the .cmd for 1.5ob. (Q: did you use Notepad or Notepad++).

Can you check your VAICOM_fetch_data.cmd, then just to be sure remove and then retype this filename, preferably in Notepad++.

Then see if it makes a difference.

I think it is the way it pasted in here. Not sure why, but I used notepad++ and set it like below.

COPY /Y "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\tempMission.miz" TEMP\tempMission.zip

Looks fine. I'll PM you with some more detailed questions. EDIT: solved.

I think it is the way it pasted in here. Not sure why, but I used notepad++ and set it like below.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I'm getting the same message

Unable to get value from URI

I'm also running the 1.5ob. I edit the path as directed with Notepad++ but I still get the URI message. What additional information do you require to help me sort the isssue?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

All,

For clarity just to restate what was mentioned earlier: having these URI messages when you start VAICOM is no issue at all.

VAICOM doesn't actually update settings until you load a new mission.

So load a new mission and then re-initialize, by using the 'Start Mission' command, see manual.

It is after you started this new mission that you will see that these URI messages are gone.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Cheers

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

** new module: P-51D **

I made a new VAICOM profile for the P-51D Mustang module, derived from the A-10C command set.

However since I only own the free TF-51D module myself I'm looking for a volunteer that will take this profile for a spin in the actual P-51D before I put it out for release.

So any WWII veterans that are up for it: PM me and I'll send you a link.

Thanks

P.S. the only other module I own at the moment is the SU-25T: plan to look into that one also when I have the time.

Hollywood, did you forget your favorite tester :P

Only Modules I dont have are the MiG's, The Mi-8, and the L39 ;p