Speedbrake toggle

112th_Rossi

I have a little question regarding this, on the actual throttle it looks like there is a single button like in the real aircraft there is a toggle button and not 2 buttons for deployed and retracted.

Is this observation correct? If so... then a toggle button in controls would be realistic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I can only speculate from the photo but I believe the airbrake control on the throttle is a two position switch, similar to the A-10. This would have two commands. I do think you guys are right asking for a toggle option but I don't think it's an argument of realism.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

+1 for simplification.

Although in the real MiG-21 the button stays depressed when the airbrake is deployed, so it's a 2 position button or whatever you wanna call it, not a toggle

P.S. to me it looks like the way the controls are mapped now would be perfect for cockpit builders, although I agree there should be a more "conventional" mapping for us poor desk pilots

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I would opt for additional command, just like in the case of Flaps. You can either bind each of the 3 buttons to your joystick, or use more streamlined version of Flaps-up and Flaps-down to e.g. your keyboard if you wish.

Same could apply in the case of Airbrake, adding third optional on/off toggle command for users without simpit and/or free joystick/quadrant bind left would make both parties happy. Since it is only one button, I see it less as simplification and more streamlining or possibility of choice. Thanks!

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

• 4 years later...

What ever happened to the Airbrake Extend and Retract option that we originally had? This thread asked for the toggle to be added, not to be a replacement. I would really like to see the two positions be implemented, again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist