Update frequency

GunnyCook

i know we all like updates to fix stuff, but does it have to be so frequent?

couldnt it be done once a month or so, it gets really frustrating having to keep reinstalling mods everytime there is an update.

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

• ED Team

couldnt it be done once a month or so, it gets really frustrating having to keep reinstalling mods everytime there is an update.

Hi

We have been very busy and the updates have been coming fast, but open beta is our public test version, which is used for this purpose.

If you would like less frequent updates but larger ones the stable version is probably the best option.

We hope to have news soon about the stable version update, when we do we will post it in our newsletter and change log.

Thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

it gets really frustrating having to keep reinstalling mods everytime there is an update.

No mods, no problem...:smilewink:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Well; if ED would hurry up with the Datacard ability so I can have my hornet countermeasures set up properly every time, I wouldn’t need to use the one mod I do use... ;-)

Any news on that BigNewy, it looked fairly well defined when it was teased in Springtime, down to the UI being done...?

When updating, the Mods that are installed on /Saved Games/ (which are the majority) are of no concern.

Only the Mods that go onto the /Eagle Dynamics/ folder need to be deactivated prior to an Update ... and for that job there exist Mod Managers, that can deactivate all Mods on a few seconds ... and reactivate them after the Update is done.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

-and you do have the option to skip an update . I read the changelog , and then decide if i wish to run the latest , or wait for the next , or even the one after that .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Recommend OvGME or JSGME. I think OvGME is available from Hoggitworld. Both apps do the same thing and will make dealing with updates tons easier.

When updating, the Mods that are installed on /Saved Games/ (which are the majority) are of no concern.

Only the Mods that go onto the /Eagle Dynamics/ folder need to be deactivated prior to an Update ... and for that job there exist Mod Managers, that can deactivate all Mods on a few seconds ... and reactivate them after the Update is done.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

DCS installer doesn't touch the SavedGames/ path, so most mods can and should live in there.

Hi

We have been very busy and the updates have been coming fast, but open beta is our public test version, which is used for this purpose.

If you would like less frequent updates but larger ones the stable version is probably the best option.

We hope to have news soon about the stable version update, when we do we will post it in our newsletter and change log.

Thank you.

Yeah this is the best advice. I flew offline mostly for a decent time and used stable, which was updated maybe once a month. I used mods etc. Now I fly online mostly and beta is where it’s at, and use no mods at all.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It's the way it is because people complained about infrequent updates.

Also, as others said, this is a user error issue. Decline updates if you don't want them or alternatively use a mod manager and/or learn how to use the saved games method properly (this is specifically why that stuff is there, in your user directory)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2