Spring 2019 Update

Hiromachi

Hey guys,

it's finally time to post a Spring Update and address a few matter's. Hope you will enjoy it!

http://leatherneck-sim.com/the-spring-awakening/

Edited by -Rudel-

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Good update! My only concern is using the XF-8A for reference. There was a humongous amount of change in the aircraft from A spec to the J spec: Addition of ventral fins for increased lateral stability and IRST come to mind. There was also some increases in flight surface area.

There's an F-8J at the Air Zoo of Kalamazoo, MI. There's also an F-8E(FN) in Fort Myers, Florida undergoing restoration to return to an airworthy state. The French F-8s shaped the F-8J, so that'd also be a pretty decent place to look for information if you can track down that group or individual.

The MiG cockpit is looking great.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It's one of many references, this one was closest to our artist for a visit early on. Dont worry, we're also picking more pictures specific for later F-8 variants.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

It's one of many references, this one was closest to our artist for a visit early on. Dont worry, we're also picking more pictures specific for later F-8 variants.

Good to hear. I can't wait to curse angrily at my guns jamming due to G-forces. :thumbup:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I'm not sure we'd be able to sustain complains caused by that :)

Excellent stuff! Looking forward to a new MiG-21 cockpit. Any chance for some ASP functionality fixes and an SPO-10 rework?

Really to happy to hear about the Crusader, looks like Alpenwolf's Cold War server is going to get a bit more crowded. :)

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Excellent, I am hoping the SPO-10 gets fixed... its really key in the MiG-21 situational awareness

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Excellent, I am hoping the SPO-10 gets fixed... its really key in the MiG-21 situational awareness

SPO-10 and SPO-15 are just the direct information from danger direction and range for pilot, while the key of the pilot situational awareness is in the GCI. Where pilot is operating under direct commands from GCI that knows and sees everything. And is responsible as well guide pilot through BVR and WVR combat by telling what is going to happen etc.

Until ED can simulate GCI for REDFOR correctly, the REDFOR situational awareness is compromised.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

SPO-10 and SPO-15 are just the direct information from danger direction and range for pilot, while the key of the pilot situational awareness is in the GCI. Where pilot is operating under direct commands from GCI that knows and sees everything. And is responsible as well guide pilot through BVR and WVR combat by telling what is going to happen etc.

Until ED can simulate GCI for REDFOR correctly, the REDFOR situational awareness is compromised.

It doesn't change the fact the SPO-10 is not behaving correctly in game.

I wonder why M3 has not mentioned anything about the SPO-10 in this update

Do they wish to surprise us at a later date or do they not see anything wrong with its current implementation in game?

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork

thank you for updating us, great news! what about the new mig-pilot model?

It will come with updated cockpit in one package.

Hey guys,

it's finally time to post a Spring Update and address a few matter's. Hope you will enjoy it!

http://leatherneck-sim.com/spring-awakening/

@Leatherneck:

Regarding the MiG-21 cockpit update, do you plan to finally fix the switches, for which a report in your bug tracker was made and acknowledged 2.5 years ago then completely ignored (and re-created since the bug was deleted), and a fix posted and ignored as well? Or are you keeping the broken logic?

This was the last of it, on July 2017, and of course I never had any feedback:

Hey Redglyph,

thanks for the reminder.

I'll take a look as soon as I can (incoming week possibly).

One problem that I see here is that it might not align well with the manual, missions (triggers) and possibly other stuff... Therefore it has to be inspected thoroughly before the integration.

Cheers!

(the potential problem he mentioned doesn't exist since missions are oblivious of how the click states are registers in clickabledata.lua, so it should be safe and doesn't require such a big inspection. Even less if you have to redo the cockpit anyway)

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes! Make fishbed's annunciators great again! Such a joy to see them that readable!

Want to ask, will it be possible to record original Corsair and Crusader sound sets?

Edited by Кош

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Glad to see the F-8 becoming a formal module and that it will be the Juliet model. The MiG-19 and 21 will have a dance partner.

They already have one in the form of the F-5E, but it'll certainly be awesome to have a carrier aircraft in Cold War servers :)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat