Stennis 4 Simultaneous Launches

FistofZen

A group of us (4 people) decided to test how the ship will launch each catapult if we all throttle up at the same time. The ship launched all 4 catapults at the same time, causing 3 of us to crash (was funny), while the guy who throttled up a few milliseconds earlier, managed to get away.

Does it work like this in real life?

Am I special?

No. It is monitored and controlled by the "Shooter" that pushes a button to launch the aircraft when everything is ready. I'd imagine there is some time required between launches for the steam catapult to condense the steam required to launch it. Not sure how the new LSM works, but considering it takes a ton of power to launch, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes at least a little bit of time to recharge.

It is a pretty involved process.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Not sure how the new LSM works, but considering it takes a ton of power to launch, I wouldn't be shocked if it takes at least a little bit of time to recharge.

EMALS uses kinetic energy buffers (flywheels). According to Wikipedia, it takes ~45 seconds to recharge the buffers after a shot.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

You would have collisions in real life with four simultaneous launches because of the angles of the catapults...

But the crew would never shoot two / four at once.

Yeah, of course, its dangerous.

So, its up to us to have a throttling up sequence or ED does something about carrier logic. Or is it gonna be the Carrier Module?

Am I special?

You would have collisions in real life with four simultaneous launches because of the angles of the catapults...

But the crew would never shoot two / four at once.

Never 4 but 2 is common. Smithsonian channel just released a new documentary "Carriers at War" and it showed several scenes of two ship FA-18D's simultaneously being shot off the deck of the USS Bush at the same time during last years mission against ISIL in the Persian gulf. No delay, no offset. :thumbup: