SPAAA against Air Weapons?

Tiramisu

Is it possible to use anti aircraft guns like the Russian Shilka against air to ground missiles like the AGM-88C? I do not like to waste SAM missiles to intercept them.

So for my SA-10 I have set "Engage Air Weapons" to off, because I only want them to attack aircraft, while the Shilkas are supposed to shoot at the AGM-88s comming close to them. Unfortunately the Shilkas are doing absolutely nothing. Even when I put a radar unit in the group of the Shilkas, they still do not intecept the AGMs, that are flying very close to them.

You could try tugunskas instead of shilkas, although I'm not sure AA cannons can be used against AG missiles.

Tugunskas do not work either. AA cannons can take out missiles or even bombs in real life by radar-locking them. In fact this is one of their main purposes like you can read here:

https://www.quora.com/How-effective-are-anti-aircraft-guns-against-todays-aircraft-Are-there-any-good-enough-to-destroy-bombers-or-other-aircraft-from-the-ground

AA guns are so-called close defense weapons. The Russian jargon calls them troop defense devices. They are not intended to destroy bombers, unless they are dumb enough to come down to see them. They are used against helicopters, strafing planes (like the A-10), drones and even missiles and falling bombs.

I've seen Shilkas throw up barrage fire against Cruise Missiles but I can't recall ever seeing them try to knock down HARMs.

Is there any reason for this restriction? HARM missiles do not seem to be that fast. I mean the SPAAAs in DCS are not even trying to shoot at them.