FAQ Updates and Discussion

NineLine

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on when the F18 Template will be available?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• ED Team
Any word on when the F18 Template will be available?

once the team are happy there will be no final tweaks to the model I am sure ED will release the template

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you! Nice, that makes me happy.

One last question. What about AGM 65 and JSOW Gliding bombs?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

All weapons on early access release and after, are noted here.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

:joystick: :megalol:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

This may have already been asked, forgive me if so. I've seen on shows talking about the Hornet that the FBW system can actually level out the aircraft in the case that the pilot blacks out from G's. Has anyone heard if this has been modeled, or if this is even the case in the block we're getting. Just a cool detail that I saw and was curious.

This may have already been asked, forgive me if so. I've seen on shows talking about the Hornet that the FBW system can actually level out the aircraft in the case that the pilot blacks out from G's. Has anyone heard if this has been modeled, or if this is even the case in the block we're getting. Just a cool detail that I saw and was curious.

You're thinking of Auto-GCAS (Ground Collision Avoidance System). It's only installed on USAF F-16s AFAIK.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

:joystick: :megalol:

the guy demonstrably fails to comprehend the lift generating capabilities required of the hornet's capabilities and then suggests that being able to take off with wings folded is a developer oversight :doh:

deplorable.

the guy demonstrably fails to comprehend the lift generating capabilities required of the hornet's capabilities and then suggests that being able to take off with wings folded is a developer oversight :doh:

deplorable.

https://theaviationist.com/2014/02/19/us-navy-fighters-folded-wings/ I mean if it can happen to other Navy aircraft, why not the F-18? I dont think thats deplorable...

Loaded F/A-18 Model in Windtunnel software,

w/ Wings Folded, you lose less than 25%% of you surface lift on each wing,

And Less than 40% overall,

So as the Video was shown w/ only 1500 lbs of fuel and no stores, stall speed increased to 200 knots from about 135-140.

I'd say the Flight model is accurate in regards to lift generated.

Roll rate would suffer as the airlerons would be locked in the up/aft position.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Should also have a TON of drag with the ailerons and leading edge flaps sticking out like that.

I think it could actually reduce induced drag, like winglets do. But, with reduced wing area, the AoA would have to increase and consequently increase induced drag...

Edited by Jack McCoy

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Guest Guest

Will bandits be able to notch against the APG-73?

It's an upgraded APG65 which is a pulse-Doppler radar, but I was wondering if the upgrade made it so you couldn't notch against it.

Edited by Heavy-D69420

The notch is the price you pay for PD capability. Radars have techniques to make it hard to notch, but it's far from impossible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda