Development updates

ChuckJäger

I want to clarify, I am not wincing because it isn’t here yet. Was more or less just checking to see if maybe I missed an update as Cobra mentioned they’d be weekly. Unfortunately things tend to get lost in the Dec 2018 update thread.

When cobra replied I kind of hoped he would lock the thread because the question was answered. Please, if possible do so now.

How every thread on this forum becomes a platform to complain, whine or speculate on release dates is beyond me....

... by the way- my first cruise we set the kind of record no one wants to set... 159 consecutive days out to sea. Haze grey for 6 solid before a port call.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

On the other hand, even buying a fully released product can be risky as we have all seen with the Hawk.

Yeah, I fear that the hawk fiasco set a really bad precedent for 3rd party devs/ED. I'm not really sure what happened with it, but I "almost" bought it a while back, but decided to go with the L39 instead. But now that its unavailable it makes me think twice about other 3rd party devs and how well supported those products might be or if they have a falling out with ED etc.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, I fear that the hawk fiasco set a really bad precedent for 3rd party devs/ED. I'm not really sure what happened with it, but I "almost" bought it a while back, but decided to go with the L39 instead. But now that its unavailable it makes me think twice about other 3rd party devs and how well supported those products might be or if they have a falling out with ED etc.

as far as I'm aware, 3rd party devs will have to hand over the source files going forward.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

How many beers did you get? Those made it all worthwhile, right? :megalol:

9, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

9, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ha! I gave my two to a couple of buds since I volunteered to man the Alert 5 during our beer day, and the funny thing was it would have taken a half hour to clear the deck of volleyball, inflatable pools and guys hitting golf balls into the ocean to launch us!

Viewpoints are my own.

You guys crack me up with your impatience.

I'd love to see you deal with being on the eleventh month of a six month cruise... :smilewink:

Actually, one becomes an adult once he's been in hospital for a month and up not being able to do anything except for waiting, waiting, waiting etc.

Or trying to get a buckin' job to earn for your living for a decade and keep getting flipped off by those capitalists who think you're too expensive because of your health issues.

Waiting a few months for a module or enduring an incomplete one over quite some time is a walk in park...

But I still like to speculate over release dates... but when it doesn't come out by then, it is what it is.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

as far as I'm aware, 3rd party devs will have to hand over the source files going forward.

Which implies ED would take over them moving forward and keep them available?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Which implies ED would take over them moving forward and keep them available?

I would imagine they would just keep them updated to work as is in their new DCS versions.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I would imagine they would just keep them updated to work as is in their new DCS versions.

Yeah, that seems "fair" I suppose.

Actually, one becomes an adult once he's been in hospital for a month and up not being able to do anything except for waiting, waiting, waiting etc.

Or trying to get a buckin' job to earn for your living for a decade and keep getting flipped off by those capitalists who think you're too expensive because of your health issues.

Waiting a few months for a module or enduring an incomplete one over quite some time is a walk in park...

But I still like to speculate over release dates... but when it doesn't come out by then, it is what it is.

Keep fighting.

Viewpoints are my own.