3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be H-145M :music_whistling:

I don't think this helo would be of much use within the DCS environment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey, the mighty Dolphin lol....it's been a great pocket copter for the USCG. I used to tie these down on the flight deck of a 210' back 20 years ago or so. I love the idea of a search & rescue helicopter in DCS, especially since I fly CSAR for my unit, but I think it'd be better for them to do the -60. Then you could have your USAF PaveHawks, you regular Army birds, some updated Seahawks, your MH-60T Jayhawk that the USCG uses now......seems like a more versatile choice

Also, the USCG Dolphin could't carry more than a crew of 4 and 4 survivors, or three crew and 5 survivors. I know some air forces use it much like a Gazelle, but as a troop transport it would seem to me to be worthless based on what I know of the SAR birds.

~S

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/contractor.asp?thisCompany=Airbus%20Helicopters

here is a list of (i think) all Airbus helicopters :)

and i hope they make the as350b3. its my favorite helo :D

Still hoping for a Tiger, even though it is unlikely :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Little fun fact. The real life sister of the currect 3D model I am about to finish has an exact tail rotor speed of 2381 rounds per minute. You think you know which one it is ?

https://www.facebook.com/PolychopSimulations/posts/1710622809243368

I'm not sure if this is still the same helicopter that was hinted at in the quote in the first post of this thread, because 2381 RPM seems to fit the OH-58 Kiowa which is not an airbus helicopter.

Tornado3 small.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PolychopSimulations/posts/1710622809243368

I'm not sure if this is still the same helicopter that was hinted at in the quote in the first post of this thread, because 2381 RPM seems to fit the OH-58 Kiowa which is not an airbus helicopter.

Indeed. Everything is subject to change.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I hope it's the Kiowa. That would be an awesome addition.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

From the comments:

to which Polychop replied:

:pilotfly:

Well, that's pretty unambiguous :D

Tornado3 small.jpg