Radio issues

Whisper

Hello,

Before going into the "bug" part of the forums, I'd like to check I didn't miss something else before.

Here's my little issue : the manual states that Mig-15 radio receiver and transmitter can be configured separately.

When I'm selecting the wave on the receiver knob, it changes the wave on the transmitter selector, and vice-versa, changing the transmitter waves changes the receiver wave. Both keep being synchronized.

Anyone else has seen this issue? Did I miss smtg?

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

The receiver tuning switch does change the transmitter setting indeed. A simplification for gameplay purposes, as mentioned in the manual as well. Has been like that since the release.

Does it also work the other way though? I think it didn't a couple of months ago, but maybe one of recent patches changed that...

Edit: just checked and it's working as always been - receiver knob also moves the transmitter selector, but not the other way around, so You can tune them separately, as long as You do it in the right order.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks!

I indeed missed to point in the manual about the way it's handled in the sim (I used another tutorial for radio).

And you're right, tweaking transmitter settings do not alter the receiver wave selection.

Working as intended

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Also, there are switches on the transmitter panel to lock the transmitter and antenna knobs. When you lock them, setting the receiver frequency does not change the transmitter/antenna frequency. Since in real life you would probably do that anyway to prevent aircraft vibrations or your elbow ;) from moving the knobs accidentally, you can get a realistic experience that way.