Disable radio menu when landing on Stennis

Nealius

The radio menu automatically appearing issue has been present for some time now in DCS World as a whole, but recently it's been particularly bad with the Hornet, and particularly on the Stennis. I've been having the radio menu automatically appear whenever I land the Hornet on the Stennis, even if my radio isn't tuned to the Stennis, and even when my radios are completely off.

It's incredibly annoying when it suddenly pops up when you trap, forcing you to close the comms menu before you can raise the hook and clear the angled deck. It's twice as annoying when you're trying to record a cinematic.

Additionally, it also happens when taxiing after ramp start on the Stennis. Attempting to request taxi clearance to avoid the menu appearing results in JBD#2 raising and the jet being glued to the deck despite not being anywhere near a cat shuttle. Likewise annoying.

Now I completely agree here with the whole popup part of the comms menu, personally I'd like to turn it off completely - maybe a user option flag?

Though I've never experienced the part where by it popping up not allowing you to raise the hook and clearing deck... Neither have I experienced the taxi issue - this is not me calling you out, however this is me saying could you record it so we can see this happening :)

I'd also like a timeout. Right now, I have to select the radio, press PTT, combine that bind with an external radio tool, so that three buttons go off at the same time. It just leads to the radio menu appearing every time I need to PTT. Which means I get a mouse cursor as well. Very messy. Not sure how to fix it in one keystroke.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I don't use immersion-breaking comms menus . Vaicom Pro plug-in for Voiceattack allows you to dispense with them altogether , and comm DCS AI realistically .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I don't use immersion-breaking comms menus . Vaicom Pro plug-in for Voiceattack allows you to dispense with them altogether , and comm DCS AI realistically .

That doesn't matter when the comms menu pops up without the user telling it to do so as soon as you start taxiing or land.

That doesn't matter when the comms menu pops up without the user telling it to do so as soon as you start taxiing or land.

You can disable menus altogether through VIACOM but I don't think a paid 3rd party application is a reasonable solution. It would be nice if this was looked at.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Yes , i was suggesting it as a work-around (and a substantial enhancement to DCS) but i agree that turning to a third-party solution is not an optimal .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Amen! Vaicom Pro has enhanced my enjoyment of this sim tremendously. Well worth the money.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]