Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 284 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2017, 06:41 AM   #2831
Frostie
Veteran
 
Frostie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,278
Reputation power: 101
Frostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
"Buff red teem plz."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Y...ew?usp=sharing

Who won the last 5, 6, 7...8 test rounds? Red.

"Give us DataLink so we can be effective plz"

"Give us A10 because reasons plz"

"Give us 100% fuel because I lost a dogfight because I was on the ramp too long every single time I fly plz"

And now look at the server...a fraction of the people are playing because of this garbage.

Anymore weak excuses, maybe the weather or the fact it's set in the Caucasus or people keep switching sides, perhaps its the fact that red don't get hung up on 'the must use SR' mantra that they do so well.

The datalink is to make the Flanker an option because it ain't much of one without it, Red win without it.
Nobody complained about not being able to win without, if you failed to follow the conversation it was about making the Flanker an option not a game changer. Search on youtube for DCS Blueflag and you'll see a majority of the videos are Mirages shooting down Flankers, and that is a lot of Mirage pilots that hardly know what they're actually doing. Nobody wants to be easy meat for Mirages and combined with its popularity everybody starts flying Mirage. This is stale.

Those feature changes are for interest, the A10C doesn't make clearing bases any easier it is more of a fact that it gives pilots a choice to go red or blue. Like the Mirage it is the only clickable module in its class so a popular choice to fly and one of tge best modules in DCS, why not let more have the option to do so. Personally i'd rather see it Blue only.

Give us 100% fuel is buffing, now you're making stuff up, this is asking for parity with fighter turnaround be it full fuel or no fuel make it across the board.

The only one complaining on these boards that they can't win because of x is you, according to you it wasn't happening for you before either so maybe you should practice what you preach, change your tactics and stop giving unwarranted reasons for your cohorts to cry off.
__________________
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org

Last edited by Frostie; 06-24-2017 at 07:12 AM.
Frostie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 07:43 AM   #2832
AbortedMan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
Reputation power: 5
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
Anymore weak excuses, maybe the weather or the fact it's set in the Caucasus or people keep switching sides, perhaps its the fact that red don't get hung up on 'the must use SR' mantra that they do so well.

The datalink is to make the Flanker an option because it ain't much of one without it, Red win without it.
Nobody complained about not being able to win without, if you failed to follow the conversation it was about making the Flanker an option not a game changer. Search on youtube for DCS Blueflag and you'll see a majority of the videos are Mirages shooting down Flankers, and that is a lot of Mirage pilots that hardly know what they're actually doing. Nobody wants to be easy meat for Mirages and combined with its popularity everybody starts flying Mirage. This is stale.

Those feature changes are for interest, the A10C doesn't make clearing bases any easier it is more of a fact that it gives pilots a choice to go red or blue. Like the Mirage it is the only clickable module in its class so a popular choice to fly and one of tge best modules in DCS, why not let more have the option to do so. Personally i'd rather see it Blue only.

Give us 100% fuel is buffing, now you're making stuff up, this is asking for parity with fighter turnaround be it full fuel or no fuel make it across the board.

The only one complaining on these boards that they can't win because of x is you, according to you it wasn't happening for you before either so maybe you should practice what you preach, change your tactics and stop giving unwarranted reasons for your cohorts to cry off.
Someone isn't reading the thread before typing.

If the problem is Mirages then why aren't people asking for limitations on the Mirage? Why not ask for removing 530D...instead it's "I want DL, I want fuel, I want R77, I want ER's, I want everything that will make the aircraft I think looks the coolest into the best aircraft in the server".

You're not trying to balance shit for the betterment of everyone's gameplay. You just want to gobble up the kills like every other airquaker out there, and you want it easy.

Last edited by AbortedMan; 06-24-2017 at 08:09 AM.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #2833
Frostie
Veteran
 
Frostie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,278
Reputation power: 101
Frostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
Someone isn't reading the thread before typing.

If the problem is Mirages then why aren't people asking for limitations on the Mirage? Why not ask for removing 530D...instead it's "I want DL, I want fuel, I want R77, I want ER's, I want everything that will make the aircraft I think looks the coolest the best aircraft in the server".

You're not trying to balance shit for the better of everyone's gameplay. You just want to gobble up the kills like every other airquaker out there, and you want it easy.
Why downgrade Mirage when you can simply give the Flanker what it should have. Removing the 530D is just the same as all the other requests why are you trying to make that sound a different and valid request. If I wanted to just rack up kills i'd be asking for ETS, ERs and 77s don't you think.

Seems to me you have no understanding of how pvp works and are getting too hung up on stuff that has very little effect on the overall outcome of BF.
__________________
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org
Frostie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #2834
AbortedMan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
Reputation power: 5
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
Why downgrade Mirage when you can simply give the Flanker what it should have. Removing the 530D is just the same as all the other requests why are you trying to make that sound a different and valid request. If I wanted to just rack up kills i'd be asking for ETS, ERs and 77s don't you think.

Seems to me you have no understanding of how pvp works and are getting too hung up on stuff that has very little effect on the overall outcome of BF.
YOU PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR ETs ERs AND R77s, WTF??
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #2835
Frostie
Veteran
 
Frostie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,278
Reputation power: 101
Frostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post
YOU PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR ETs ERs AND R77s, WTF??
You need to chill out before you have an aneurysm or something, its just a game, for the most part people ask for changes for the benefit of their own personal experience or what they think would make it more enjoyable by all. No one is asking for change to win.

I think maybe one guy asked for R77 on MiG and possibly two asked for ER on Flankers. This doesn't equate to you people. When I make a response to you about datalink then please respond accordingly instead of bringing irrelevant requests by others into the discussion. I know its hard to get your point across without making a strawman out of it but it will save your ticker in the long run.
__________________
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org
Frostie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:23 AM   #2836
AbortedMan
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 182
Reputation power: 5
AbortedMan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
You need to chill out before you have an aneurysm or something, its just a game, for the most part people ask for changes for the benefit of their own personal experience or what they think would make it more enjoyable by all. No one is asking for change to win.

I think maybe one guy asked for R77 on MiG and possibly two asked for ER on Flankers. This doesn't equate to you people. When I make a response to you about datalink then please respond accordingly instead of bringing irrelevant requests by others into the discussion. I know its hard to get your point across without making a strawman out of it but it will save your ticker in the long run.
Look, I'm sure we're all after the same thing...a good time while playing DCS, and I appreciate the sensible response. You have to see where I (and others) are coming from...

There is a vocal minority of people here on this thread pointing out their perceived deficiencies of Red team's available mechanics, missiles, and airframes or whatever. This is happening all the while red has won the last 5 test rounds and before that won the majority of them since testing for this next round began. It simply does not make sense to be calling for buffs to any red airframe...even if it is to attempt to solve the abundance of Mirages. Power creep is a deadly thing to gameplay.

The arguments I've seen in favor of giving red this or that have all stemmed from what I have witnessed being a simple lack of skill and application of proper tactics. Period. Not trying to insult anyone or bash their skill/ego or whatever. The reason why many people are losing is not because they're in a Mig29 or Su27 and it's lacking X...it's the choices they make while decision time is upon them and they are blaming the wrong thing for their loss.

This lack of introspection is affecting other player's experience by creating an environment unfit for quality gameplay on both teams. Blue Flag is unique in its rule set and limited on purpose...not by simulated era, not by country/region/manufacturer alliance.

It's up to you as a player to accept the differences in assets and mechanics available to each team when you make the choice to go red or blue. When I started playing this was clear and concise...now the lines have been blurred due to frustrated people not willing to learn and trying to change the mission to their will. It's frustrating to watch and stand by and say nothing.

Last edited by AbortedMan; 06-24-2017 at 09:26 AM.
AbortedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #2837
Frostie
Veteran
 
Frostie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,278
Reputation power: 101
Frostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to behold
Default

Everybody did accept the change from full payload to R v 7s but then they added the Mirage after 'requests', suddenly being outranged by AIM-7 was childs play compared to the 530D so most switched to Mirage.

I don't know how to make it plain and simple to you 1v1, 2v2 R vs 530D, equal pilots the Mirage should win everytime. No amount of tactic changing is going to solve that, you can beat tactics with counter tactics but by using equal ability and tactics you can't beat a more powerful weapon with a less powerful one.
To be able to gain the upper hand tactically over a more powerful opponent you need better SA than them, I wonder how that could be achieved by the Flanker over an aircraft with a better RWR and the weapon to allow it to fly high and gain good SA, surely there is something it has in its locker to achieve this.

Plus please i'd love to hear what you think these guys are doing wrong.
__________________
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org

Last edited by Frostie; 06-24-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Frostie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #2838
M460
Member
 
M460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 172
Reputation power: 2
M460 is on a distinguished road
Default

"Tell them...Tell them all! Who ever comes...Who ever it is...I'll kill them.. I'll KILL THEM ALL!!!"



__________________
#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

M460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:33 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.