Cockpit indication fix

sedenion

hi people,

Very long time I am not really come here. Since the Mirage 2000 is now very near to its final stage, I decided to release my Cockpit indications fix. This is a fix for all HUD, VTB (Radar), RWR, etc symbologies and fonts.

The purpose is the same as few years ago, but, in a way more aboutished way. I reworked all texture almost integrally, recreated fonts textures from scratch, aligned and adjusted all elements.

More details here, hop you will enjoy:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4108348#post4108348

• 4 months later...
The mod was updated according the latest Mirage 2000 Module update released with DCS World 2.5.6.45317 (Open Beta)

Follow link in the initial post.

Thanks for the heads up, I’m currently flying only the JF-17, but I plan a come back to the Mirage as soon as it’s rework is finished, and then I’m sure that I will try your Mod. :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Well, the 1.2 was released a bit too quickly... I finaly found some other mistakes, so I made the 1.3 version.

v1.3 (03/28/2020) for DCS World 2.5.6.45317 (03/20/2020)

- Fix HUD "vth_line_material" material not declared

- Set HUD collimator factor back to default (0.6) to prevent misalignments

- Adjust font size and heading tape angle/pixel ratio to fit collimator factor

- Fix VTB PIC/PID indication

- Fix VTB locked target NCTR indication

I noticed that the collimator distance factor value have some subtle impact on elements I did not expected. Notably on the Magic Slave and lock (triangle/Circle) alignment, but it also afect other things. Originally, I modified this value to change the HUD "Z buffer" value to prevent it to be masked by lateral frames polygons (the real HUD is glass reflection, which is in front, should not be masked by lateral frames). Since I don't know how exactly this value is used in background logic, to prevent any missalignment or unobvious sight problems, I set its value back to tis stock value.

Enjoy the new adapted version, be carefull, this version work only with the latest DCS Open Beta update for now...

• 3 weeks later...

New version 1.5 Mod released, addapted to the latest Open-Beta version (2.5.6.47224) module state.

Be careful to download the proper version of the Mod corresponding to your current DCS World installation:

- I switched back the 1.1 version of the Mod - the one corresponding to the DCS World Stable version - in the official download page.

- To download the Mod version corresponding to the latest Open-Beta, click on the proper download link below the link to the official page.

All links are, as usual, located in the first page of this topic : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...48#post4108348

In CAN mode the altitude and speed indicatons are moved down as in MAG mode, and don't stay up as in NAV or 530D mode. Can you change that or is it hard coded?

At 0:52 pilot selects MAG form 530D and at 1:20 Air Air Gun.

Edited by jaguara5

In CAN mode the altitude and speed indicatons are moved down as in MAG mode, and don't stay at the bottom as in NAV or 530D mode. Can you change that or is it hard coded?

At 0:52 pilot selects MAG form 530D and at 1:20 Air Air Gun.

This is hard coded. This appeared strange to me too, but Razbam said the current design is conform to the currently modelized RDI variant...

• 1 month later...

New version 1.7 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50321 ).

This version introduce numerous modifications, mainly small details and subtle tunings. Here is the complet list of modifications:

- Tuned HUD interception and NEZ ring width and placement.

- Corrected HUD AA mode TIR and DOM position (now out of NEZ ring).

- Tuned HUD dynamic line elements width and opacity.

- Modified HUD texture for ground pitch ladder steps (adding spaces).

- Tuned HUD target NEZ scale position.

- Corrected HUD heading tape numbers size and thickness.

- Corrected HUD pitch ladder numbers size and thickness.

- Alignment of VTB MDO mode elements.

- Tuned VTB heading tape font size.

- Tuned VTB dynamic line elements width and opacity.

- Tuned RWR font spacing and symbols aligment.

- Tuned RWR symbology and alignment.

- New digital/liquid crystal numbers font.

- New PCA font.

- New LCD font.

- Adjusted colors.

- All screenshots updated.

All download links in the first page of mod dedicated topic, here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4108348#post4108348

For the altitude only the last 2 digits appear on the hud.

For speed only Mach is indicated on the left side

Ok I think I understand... It appear the HUD "Big Font" is missing... Are you sure you correctly replaced the "materials.lua" file and added the "font_HUD_light_M2KC.tga" file ?

Edited by sedenion

New version 1.7.1 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50321 ).

This version fixes somes issues of the previous version :

- Modified RWR Air threat symbol.

- Fixed RWR DDM threat sprite.

- Fixed HUD half-sized horizon line.

- Fixel HUD dynmatic line element color mismatch.

- Tuned colors.

All download links in the first page of mod dedicated topic, here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...48#post4108348

New version 1.7.2 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50726 ).

This version fixes somes issues of the previous version :

- Fixed HUD test/standby mode.

- Fixed HUD half-sized horizon line in approach mode.

- Modified HUD RS alert.

- Tuned HUD font sizing.

- Tuned HUD ILS guide indicators.

- Removed VTB glow effect on texture.

All download links in the first page of mod dedicated topic, here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...48#post4108348

Well, this time I come with a pretty major change, and I hope this would be the last version until long time... (I'll keep tracking changes for the Open Beta)

First of all, all textures were redone using pixel-aligned vector graphic, this does not change much visually, except some shapes that appear more natural with adjusted width.

What change much more, is that I repacked all textures using DDS format (originaly in TGA). Why using DDS instead of TGA ? A good thing is that it take less video memory, but before all, DDS embed precomputed mipmaps with way better alpha channel (transparency) management. The result is that all is A LOT sharper than with the dynamically generated mipmaps.

Other big changes:

- A new LCD font texture with this time, proper glyphes for the INS, which was broken in the last versions.

- The UHF radio display changed from LDC to Dot-Matrix, as it should be according photography of the real cockpit.

- New PCA font, with new LCD schemes for numbers from 0 to 9 (using half the display), as it appear it should be according photography of the real cockpit.

I hope you'll enjoy.

New version 1.8 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50979 ).

- Fixed CCRP Sight position.

- Fixed OBL reticle position.

- Moved CC Radar Mode text.

- Adjusted AP FMP size.

- Tuned font for HUD, RWR and VTB (better aligned).

- New LCD font with proper elements for INS.

- New dedicated material for INS LCD display.

- Fixed INS display bad or unreadable symbols (N, S, E, W, +, -).

- Tuned LCD font material.

- Fixed Fuel LCD Gauge material (now same as others LCD).

- Tuned Fuel LCD Gauge size and placement.

- New Radio (Dot-Matrix) font.

- Changed Radio UHF display font to Dot-Matrix (according photography).

- Tuned Radio VHF display size and alignment.

- New PCA font with new numbers schems (according photography).

- Tuned PPA LCD size and placement.

- All textures converted to DDS format for better rendering.

- Recreated all textures using pixel-aligned vector graphics.

- Readjusted alignment of some HUD and VTB elements.

Edited by sedenion

• 3 months later...

New version 1.81 Mod released. This version is for the last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.55743 ).

This version updates textures and LUA according last modifications :

- Correct VTB/RWR texture according new symbology.

- Correct RWR Font texture with new symbology.

- Update RWR LUA for new logic.

- Update HUD LUA file according new logic.

- Adding VTB_Cadr_AR texture.

- Global Adaptation for DCS World 2.5.6.55743 release.

All download links in the first page of mod dedicated topic, here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255177

• 1 month later...

New version 2.0 Mod released. This version is for the latest Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.55743 ).

- This version mainly adapt to the new Open Beta latest changes (particularly, introducting the VTB "Cadrage Arrière" feature)

Version 1.9 Mod released. This version is a "repack" for the latest DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.55960 ).

- This version is for current DCS Stable release.

All download links in the first page of mod dedicated topic, here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255177

• 2 weeks later...