SA342 Weapon mod

Hawkeye60

Along with the weight- we are trying to add the option for special variants of the weapons for the Gazelle that will simulate lighter weight hardware to facilitate light helicopter mounting. Either way you shouldn't have too much trouble!

We are limiting it to 8 Hellfires total with outer pylon mounting, as we feel more than that, like Poly said, is not realistic.

Got a few more nuts to crack then we will get this thing out on a dedicated thread! We are planning on pushing out a JGSME version

Cool stuff! Love this little helo.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I just had a chance to try this mod.

I must say.......

Thank you!

To Hook47 and Poly Roie for your work on making this mod.

It is so much more than I expected,

and great fun as well.

I had a blast blowing EVERYTHING up.

Bravo!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...

Gazelle with Nukes!

Gazelle with Nukes?

Here Kitty Kitty!:D

{ CLSID = "{RN-24}" },   --Nuke
               { CLSID = "{RN-28}" },  ---Nuke

1683465702_GazelleNukes.thumb.jpg.80dafc3dc4c6053422da2c8659c4b832.jpg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 years later...

~*~*~*~* I SUMMON THIS THREAD FROM THE DARKEST OF TOMBS !!!!! :fear:*~*~*~*~

So, does it still work?

I have compared the SA342.lua that resides in 'coremods' with the one included in the MOD linked to in first post, and the present one seems to be "encrypted" while the one in the MOD isn't.

I haven't seen this MOD being mentioned elsewhere and assume it is deprecated. I have not seen any traces of additional weapons in ME either when having this MOD applied unknowingly.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

So, does it still work?

As you note, SA342.lua was unencrypted in 1.5.6, now it's encrypted - "fun" mods like these are depreciated.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

As you note, SA342.lua was unencrypted in 1.5.6, now it's encrypted - "fun" mods like these are depreciated.
Bugger...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

~*~*~*~* I SUMMON THIS THREAD FROM THE DARKEST OF TOMBS !!!!! :fear:*~*~*~*~

The SA342_Weapons.lua file has been updated quite a bit since the release of that mod, to accomodate new ammunition types for the 20mm gun, the smoke rockets and the new Mistral flight model code. With the release of one of the most recent DCS updates, a new file protection system was put in place by ED that prevents any coremod lua changes from loading a module. I'm not too familiar with the weapons mod you mention, but if it's a "saved games folder mod" as opposed to a core files edit, we're more than willing to support the mod author to update his mod.

If anyone wants to rework the weapons mod, contact me on Discord and I'll do my best to help out.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello, thanks a lot for the reply. I was the original author of of a pretty popular Gazelle weapons mod, with some help from Poly_Roie years back. The mod simply added the Hellfires, BGM 71 tow missiles, and some new rockets for the Lima version, among my favorites were the FFAR rocket pod containing 19 rockets. I edited Sa342.lau to add these weapons, and adjusted the pylon positions to get the rockets right for the Hellfires on the Mike and the rockets on the Lima. I made a few tweaks to the Weapons.lau as well, but that was more trail and error to get the Hellfires to have a longer range.

I was informed by my virtual squadron (we still use my mod as recently as last week) that SA342.lau has now been encrypted, which would break this mod permanently. My question for Polychop is- I'd love to update it if that is possible using the Saved Games mod infastructure, but is that possible now that SA342.lau is encrypted?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This mod brought many years of fun so I want to get it working again. Having 8 Hellfires on the Gaz was a blast!!!

The SA342_Weapons.lua file has been updated quite a bit since the release of that mod, to accomodate new ammunition types for the 20mm gun, the smoke rockets and the new Mistral flight model code. With the release of one of the most recent DCS updates, a new file protection system was put in place by ED that prevents any coremod lua changes from loading a module. I'm not too familiar with the weapons mod you mention, but if it's a "saved games folder mod" as opposed to a core files edit, we're more than willing to support the mod author to update his mod.

If anyone wants to rework the weapons mod, contact me on Discord and I'll do my best to help out.

Edited by Hook47

We will support modders that need decrypted lua files, however at the moment ED’s new integrity check will no longer allow you to edit / create core file modifications. All mods now need to be done in the “saved games folder format.” That is something we can’t change. That is part of ED’s new policy and file integrity check.

Due to complaints from the modding community there is a chance this system will be altered or removed, or maybe this has already been done. If you need an unencrypted lua file we can probably arrange that for you.

You can read about the specifics and the issues here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274099

Edited by Polychop Simulations

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]