PC freeze at Fly Screen

t_hedlund

I have been experiencing a random freezing on my PC since the Hornet came out, but now since the tomcat has come out, it seems like all my instant action mission freeze at the fly screen. It should also be noted, that behind the fly screen is all black. I can control alt del out, and in the task manager has DCS as not responding. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

What is your PC spec? I am getting the same since last update but it only takes few seconds from clicking on the FLY screen to the actual cockpit. I click the button, the screen goes black and a few seconds later back in the cockpit.

I guess you need to start looking at PC and DCS logs to see what is happening. Get in touch with ED support.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Have this blackscreen also. Starts after pressing "Start" over pressing "Fly" and endures till mission is loaded... Strange thing...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

I does seem to be improving. Now it is about a minute and isn't freezing. The cat is awesome.

Processor Intel® Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3504 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical, OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64-based PC, Mother Board MS-7978, Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB, Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

• 3 weeks later...

I have the similar issue. Both in Beta and stable versions. My PC just freezes. And needs to be rebooted. Or I get the Blue screen :(

I've tried unplug different connected HW like Tobii eye tracker 4C, my Warthog stuck and throttle, not the Trustmaster rudder tho. Will try that tonight as well. Updated/checked the firmware yesterday but no change.

Happens to me after a while in flight. Often if changing to external view.