A-10C Only-Voiceattack Profiles

Fakum

Glad you like it! I'll see if I can give VAICOM its own thread somewhere.

Thanks

UPDATE: here it is http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139880

For those of you who are using Voice Attack and you haven't given VAICOM a try I urge you to do so. I've recently been flying the Mig 21 and it was pretty straight forward to get it working with the Mig 21. Its very immersive!! Will totally change your experience with the sim. Thanks again to Hollywood. I hope that you continue your excellent work with VAICOM. I think it would be a good idea to have a separate VAICOM thread in the Mods section so more people can find out about it. I just happened to stumble across it here.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

VAICOM is great. Good work on that (looks like you've spent a lot of time on it). It would be good to see this in VAC to compare apples to apples.

From what it looks like, Voice Attack has been around longer than VAC, so I'm pretty sure that Voice Attack is not ripping off VAC. They both use the same speech engine, so I'm not sure how VAC works better (since Voice Attack has more speech options). Also, I'm using the trial of VAC. Unless I'm missing the features, it's got about 10% of the functionality of Voice Attack and is about as clumsy and as unintuitive to use as you can possibly make it. Am I wrong here? It would be great to have a feature comparison sheet to look at. Maybe that's a job for me ;) What is it that VAC does that Voice Attack does not do that makes VAC cost twice as much?

-gibs

Heh, I just use Windows Voice Recognition with the free Voice Recognition Macros utility Microsoft published some 6 years ago or something.

Its pretty bare bones compared to this stuff in terms of interface but its got plenty of functionality if you know how to write the code for commands, which is frankly easy with the documentation and tuts on the net.

Its free for any person who uses Windows Vista and later. I've been told I'm cheap for not dishing out for one of these progs but since I only use voice activated macros to talk to AWACS and the Tanker I didn't really see the point of parting with cash. Probably would if I were in the least bit interested in commanding an AI wingman though.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Habu - with the use of Joy2Key or any other button/keyboard emulator, such as Saitek or TM software, you can program a button on your stick/throttle/gamepad to use as PTT.

I know well how to assign keyboard functions and DX buttons to my stick. I know of no way to assign a DX button to function as the PTT in VAC.

• 3 weeks later...

Just set up voice attack for my Huey. Works great till I crank up the game sound/ bass volume to where I prefer it. Then the program can't hear me. I'm sure it's not a program issue. I'm using a Logitech stand alone mic.

Anybody got a suggestion to get around this. Love the immersive loud Bass with the Huey. Would hate to have to lower volume.

Thanks for any advice here.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I believe you can use autohotkey to mute the volume whilst you're holding your voice attack listen key. It's a bit complex though, so maybe someone knows of an easier way to do that.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I believe you can use autohotkey to mute the volume whilst you're holding your voice attack listen key. It's a bit complex though, so maybe someone knows of an easier way to do that.

Thanks for the idea Doveman. Maybe good on occasion but I'm thinkin that any key presses defeat purpose of voice inputs.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Ah, OK. I was presuming you were using a PTT key with voice attack. I have enough trouble getting voice recognition to work when it's only listening when I hold a key, so didn't think it'd be usable if it was constantly listening!

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

UPDATE: Issue apparently resolved. I spent 20 minutes or so on the generic windows voice recognition training program. It seemed to do the trick. I suspect a little more training and a mic upgrade will further enhance the setup.

BTW, I haven't tried other programs BUT in my brief experience, Voice Attack is very intuitive, unencumbered, accurate, and enjoyable. Game changer for me.

Thanks Doveman.

JUST CHOPPERS

Im wondering if I am overlooking the obvioise when it comes to the use of the radio. I am planning on still using the radio button on my hotas (AM,UHF,FM) but when the menu comes up, I expect I would still have to call out the Function Keys to process the communication, correct?

By the way, here are the commands I used for voiceattack for the "F" Keys, as you can incorporate more than just one "when you say" in the text field, this mitigates some of the voice recognition obstacles you may encounter if you only put one in.

F1;F 1;F One;F won;Ef1;Ef 1; Ef One; Ef Won

F2;F 2;F Two;F To;F Tew;Ef Two; Ef To;Ef Tew;EF2;Ef 2

F3;F 3;F Three;Ef Three; Ef3;Ef 3

F4;F 4;F Four;F For;EF4;Ef 4;Ef Four;Ef For

F5;F 5;F Five;EF5;EF 5;Ef Five;

F6;F 6;F Six;Ef Six;Ef6;Ef 6

F7;F 7;F Seven;Ef Seven;Ef7;Ef 7

F8;F 8;F Eight;F Ate;Ef Eight;Ef Ate;Ef8;Ef 8

F9;F 9;F Nine;Ef Nine;EF9;Ef 9

F10;F 10;F Ten;Ef Ten; Ef10;Ef 10

F11;F 11;F Eleven;Ef Eleven; Ef11;Ef 11

F12;F 12;F Twelve;Ef Twelve;Ef12;Ef 12

Fakum, I feel dirty and ashamed but I couldn't help myself.

I copy/pasted your work into VA. :cry:

Big time saver and great idea.

Thank you

JUST CHOPPERS

Sooo.. this thread has really made me want to do a form of Voice Command. In reading the VAICOM pdf does Hollywood say you have to use the numeric keyboard? I've got most stuff mapped to my TM Warthog and can bring up the radio/comms menus with the mic button and push to talk for teamspeak. Will I need to use the keyboard for voice commands? It would feel like a step back for me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. I wouldn't mind using a modifier for the voice command PTT, but I'd still like it on the throttle or stick. <edit>

Hey Thud,

You don't have to use the keyboard: I have a Warthog HOTAS myself and it works flawlessly with that.

You only need to map the joystick button presses to NUM0-NUM3.

Attached extremely simple Autohotkey script does the trick. It maps joystick buttons to NUM0-NUM3.

This will work with any type of DirectX device joystick gamepad whatever.

Just edit the script in Notepad to match your setup.

I don't use TARGET software myself, but for your Warthog you could also do the button mapping there.

But I find Autohotkey much easier myself.

By the way of course you can also use other buttons than NUM0-NUM3: see PDF.

Have fun!

Sooo.. this thread has really made me want to do a form of Voice Command. In reading the VAICOM pdf does Hollywood say you have to use the numeric keyboard? I've got most stuff mapped to my TM Warthog and can bring up the radio/comms menus with the mic button and push to talk for teamspeak. Will I need to use the keyboard for voice commands? It would feel like a step back for me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. I wouldn't mind using a modifier for the voice command PTT, but I'd still like it on the throttle or stick. <edit>

VAICOM DirextX key mapping.zip

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I was inspired to purchase "voiceattack" by this thread here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2250694#post2250694

I, and likely others, would be interested in sharing profiles, especially when it comes to Radio Comms. So if you have any, please share. I have only downloaded the software so far, I haven't installed, but will this weekend. Thanks

I uploaded my VA profile for Radio Comms Menu here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140371 if you fly Huey.

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...

Voice attack has a built in ptt in the options. You can use your keyboard, mouse button or joystick button to do it. What I do with teamspeak is have the voice attack 'not listen' on alt key down and set teamspeak's ptt on alt down as well. When the key is released, voice attack listens again and teamspeak is on mute.

• 1 month later...
Fakum, I feel dirty and ashamed but I couldn't help myself.

I copy/pasted your work into VA. :cry:

Big time saver and great idea.

Thank you

LOL,, I have no idea why I was not getting response updates to this thread, I just popped in here just now.

Chic,, you should not feel bad about using my work, thats the intent here as far as Im concerned,, share the tools! Heck,, Ive don the same with Helios profiles and so on,,, start with someones base work and expand and customize from there! Im glad I could help out!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I've been using VoiceAttack but so far my results have not been good. The issue is that VoiceAttack rarely identifies what I'm saying correctly. I did some looking around to make sure I have the settings correct. I use the MS Voice Recognition not the default. I set Command Weight to 95.

I've run the MS Speech Training a couple of times and I have tested my mic by recording a track and then listening to the playback.

I can't believe I'm the only one whose is having issues with commands being recognized. What has your experience been? How many times have you run through the MS Speech Training?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Crackerjack, try VAC. I use it with my pipe in my teeth and it always recognizes my commands. It also has a much better interface for creating profiles. You could literally do your entire startup routine, complete with keydown and pause timings, with a single voice command. Everyone I've spoken to that has used both products prefers VAC by a wide margin.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I have VAC and have a lot of recognition problems as well, so I don't know if it will help. Both programs rely on Windows Speech Recognition, so if that doesn't understand you, changing program is unlikely to help. I've done lots of training, so I can only assume my mic/soundcard has too much noise/hiss and is confusing it. You can test it by just using it to dictate into notepad to see how well it's working.

Having said that, VAC does have a setting for each phrase where you can associate a spoken word/phrase with each programmed one, e.g. if Speech Recognition is hearing 'banana' when you say 'request take-off'. It's a pain to have to do that for every phrase though, rather than it just understanding English, so I'd recommend getting Speech Recognition working if you can.

Yeah doveman, it's probably your mic that's causing VAC not to recognize your words. I've never trained my SR and like I said, I can speak with my pipe in my teeth and it still recognizes every word.

To set your mic up properly:

Go into Control Panel > Sound > Mic Tab > Rclick your mic > Configure Speech Recognition.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I've been using VoiceAttack but so far my results have not been good. The issue is that VoiceAttack rarely identifies what I'm saying correctly. I did some looking around to make sure I have the settings correct. I use the MS Voice Recognition not the default. I set Command Weight to 95.

I've run the MS Speech Training a couple of times and I have tested my mic by recording a track and then listening to the playback.

I can't believe I'm the only one whose is having issues with commands being recognized. What has your experience been? How many times have you run through the MS Speech Training?

Sorry to say, no issues here,, I ran voice recognition about 3 times,, Im actually surprised Im not having issues because I am using a desktop mic that is about24" away from my mouth and Im using surround souns speakers in close proximity. Especially the 2 front and the center speakers are putting out quite a bit of sound, si it surprises me that it is not interfering with my commands,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Well I've been able to get much better results. I went back and did the speech training three more times but I was very deliberate about how I spoke - annunciation! This made s big difference. I guess speech recognition technology still has a way to go before it will be able to recognize everyday speech.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.