Bell 212/UH-1N

badger66

Bell 212/UH-1N  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Bell 212/UH-1N

• Yes ..... it has tremendous potential .
    • No .... I think there is enough with the UH-1H

Dear badger66, this is not true. The 212 has a lot of equipment that add a lot of weight (radar, sonar, torpedo (all of witch are pretty heavy)) and has almost no lift capability apart from this. But anyway, WE NEED ASW HELICOPTER!!!!

Although I am not in favour of diferent models of the same heli, an ASW version introduces a new kind a operations (anti submarine) which gives a completely new aspect of the sim (if simulated corectly, which I am sure BS is capable of as they have prooved)

Edited by sondo214

• 6 years later...

would be nice. Although would rather see a something from the UH60 family.

That being said i certainly wouldn't say no. The Uh1N would still offer a classic Huey feel but improve on the huey design where it lacks most ( relative to mi8 ), by having an analog flight control system and a Stability and Control Augmentation systems coupled with some basic Autopilot functions. IF its recent enough version is represented from the late 90s going into 2000s then it would also mean a UH1N that has been further refined with Helmet mounted sight ( HUD) EGI, AN/AA47 Missile warning system, AN/ALE47 countermeasure suite and option for FLIR system, which would make it far more usable in modern scenarios and in a contested environment than the UH1H.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It would be great

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

any modern version is welcomed

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

What about the UH-1Y?

That would be even better than the UH1N due to the greater engine power and quad rotor blades, giving it superior utility transport/lift abilities, and some will like the full on glass cockpit setup, BUt the classic Hueys with the dual rotor blades still have that classic "whomp whomp" sound, that is closely reminiscent of the older Bell 205/ Uh1H series.

Uh1N is that interesting middle middle ground where it has enough modernization to be relevant for 21st century scenarios ( proper defensive suite, EGI and FLIR), but still has that classic huey fuel due to still mostly analog cockpit, and the satisfying sound it makes twin rotor blades. That and the Uh1N represents a broader set of users. Uh1Y is only in use with USMC atm, wheras with the Uh1N has seen serivce beyond the USMC. The US navy and US air force have used it, along with a fairly long list of foreign export users, which may make this more appealing to a broader amount of the DCs player base ( even if the focus of the derivative aims to be mostly based specific model for single user type like most modules)

I dont know if enough legally obtainable information is around for the dev's to decide to model a Uh1Y. Yea theres a operators manual you can find online, but likely even more documentation needed beyond just that.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...
Bell 412 :thumbup:y

Concur! :lol:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Bell 412 :thumbup:y

Concur! :lol:

given your associations with the RCAF lol of course i am not surprised by the response. I can understand why you would want to see this specific variant.

But overall given consideration for avionics capabilities, widespread users, time frame of service, and accessibility to research documentation i think its safe to say that overall 212/UH1N would end up having broader appeal.

Besides the quad rotored Huey don't have the classic whomp whomp sounds.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

don't have the classic whomp whomp sounds

Just the sound then? So how about versatility/deployability/usability then? Or should we just stay "classic" till the end of time here?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Just the sound then? So how about versatility/deployability/usability then? Or should we just stay "classic" till the end of time here?

cherry picking a very singular part of an entire post and even ignoring entirely different responses?

I listed various things, and sound is at the very end for good reason.

given your associations lol of course i am not surprised by the response

But overall given consideration for avionics capabilities, widespread users, timeframe of service, and accessibility to research documentation i think its safe to say that overall 212/UH1N would end up having broader appeal.

Besides the quad rotored Huey don't have the classic whomp whomp sounds.

would be nice. Although would rather see a something from the UH60 family.

That being said i certainly wouldn't say no. The Uh1N would still offer a classic Huey feel but improve on the huey design where it lacks most ( relative to mi8 ), by having an analog flight control system and a Stability and Control Augmentation systems coupled with some basic Autopilot functions. IF its recent enough version is represented from the late 90s going into 2000s then it would also mean a UH1N that has been further refined with Helmet mounted sight ( HUD) EGI, AN/AA47 Missile warning system, AN/ALE47 countermeasure suite and option for FLIR system, which would make it far more usable in modern scenarios and in a contested environment than the UH1H.

That would be even better than the UH1N due to the greater engine power and quad rotor blades, giving it superior utility transport/lift abilities, and some will like the full on glass cockpit setup, BUt the classic Hueys with the dual rotor blades still have that classic "whomp whomp" sound, that is closely reminiscent of the older Bell 205/ Uh1H series.

Uh1N is that interesting middle middle ground where it has enough modernization to be relevant for 21st century scenarios ( proper defensive suite, EGI and FLIR), but still has that classic huey fuel due to still mostly analog cockpit, and the satisfying sound it makes twin rotor blades. That and the Uh1N represents a broader set of users. Uh1Y is only in use with USMC atm, wheras with the Uh1N has seen serivce beyond the USMC. The US navy and US air force have used it, along with a fairly long list of foreign export users, which may make this more appealing to a broader amount of the DCs player base ( even if the focus of the derivative aims to be mostly based specific model for single user type like most modules)

I dont know if enough legally obtainable information is around for the dev's to decide to model a Uh1Y. Yea theres a operators manual you can find online, but likely even more documentation needed beyond just that.

CH146 is only in use with Canada, and only since 1995. UH1N has been in use longer, is retired with USMC/USN since 2014, this still relevant for GHOT within 21st century, and has vast user base and more combat use, whilst being modern enough and extremely usable even in a contested enviornment relative to the UH1H and by lesser margin the Black hawks preceding the Uh60M.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Let's move straight to the UH-60 Blackhawk without wasting Design Potential on a UH-1 under steroids

US army Uh60's will have considerably better transport and lift capabilities compared to any huey no doubt about it, but unless its UH60M, UH1N will be have more up to date avionics. UH60L's within 2000s still have dated M130 countermeasures suite that has to be manually deployed.

UH1N has , AN/AAR47 V2 ( combined IR Missile warning and laser system) with AN/ALE47 Counter measure suite ( which UH60A and L lack) which can be utilized in automatic mode. System will select the appropriate Countermeasure program and auto deploy them if such setting is chosen. Further more it can still use mount rocket pods, and the door guners hueys can be positioned forward and operated by pilot/copilot. UH1N still retains ALQ 144 IR jammer.

Also some are FLIR system for night navigation, although non Flir models have lesser weight for more utility.

Now whilst Uh60M's very modern protective suites and glass cockpits, with exception of manually operated door guns, Uh60's are only utilized as slick helicopters within the us army. The only exception MH60 blackhawks that the 160th SOAR operates that are truly multipurpose with custom avionics and use of precision munitions. However i wouldn't hold my breath for ED or any 3rd party to do a version of a helicopter in use with Special operations since even something like Mh6 little bird was deemed too sensitive for polychop.

SO if we want a Blackhawk that is more than just a taxicab, we would need HH60 pavehawk, SH/MH60 seahawks.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Dear badger66, this is not true. The 212 has a lot of equipment that add a lot of weight (radar, sonar, torpedo (all of witch are pretty heavy)) and has almost no lift capability apart from this.

UH-1H: MGW 9500 lbs

UH-1N(212): MGW 11200 lbs

Bell 412EPX: MGW 12200 lbs

Source: Bell FMS

Even with your equipment (all of it optional), the above is not true. 1700 lbs is a lot of lift capability for a medium helicopter. You assume a 212 (which is a civilian helicopter) comes standard with that equipment...... Just a bit of history, the 212 was originally being developed for the RCAF which never carried any of that nonsense. With the increased gross weight, extra engine, and increased performance, there was an interest from other countries.... USA.... and it was re branded the UH-1N for military versions. The Bell 212 (civilian designation) is a favorite and heavily used by helicopter companies for medium lift and long line operations for a reason.

Also, the CH-146 is a modified civilian Bell 412EP. There is nothing spectacular about them when compared to other 412s, except that 412s are amazing. The new avionics upgrade should be interesting though...... :shifty: ........

Nice attempt at cherry picking

Nice attempt at acting offended over a relatively innocuous comment, but let's just leave it at that.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Nice attempt at acting offended over a relatively innocuous comment, but let's just leave it at that.

And il pretend you are being genuine

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Let's move straight to the UH-60 Blackhawk without wasting Design Potential on a UH-1 under steroids

+1:)

What I would like to fly is a modern, powerful and versatile helo.

Modules: MI-8, AH-64D, Gazelle, KA-50, UH-1, AJS-37 Viggen, F-16, F/A-18, UH-60L Mod, (OH-58D 😬)

Wishlist: MH-60 Blackhawk, Afghanistan Map

Gear: Virpil Collective with UH-60 grip, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick, 15 cm Extension (Sahaj), TM TPR Pedals

Wow, this really blew up.

I never actually expected a 412 would be considered, for the reasons Kev argues.

It would just be cool ;)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2