Smooth Keyboard throttle Pls & Request Mouse axis modifier for Throttle, RPM Levers

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder ff2 [Works amazing in DCS, esp. black shark trim], and thanks to DCS I have learned to play left handed, So I never have to take my right hand of the mouse.

True DCS HOTAS setup style LOL.

My problem is I have mapped the Num. + and - keys to mouse buttons and the throttle blips so much so that even if you press it as fast as I can, on mouse or keyboard it blips from 0 to 8 then to 12. Tried different keyboard and mouse key repeat rates and def. an issue coming from the spitfire plane.

I know Spitfire is still in alpha, so not sure if its already on the to do list, but in most other modules eg black shark I can use keyboard easily for throttle, collective and other lever changes, and they are more gradual and incremental.

As a side Question or Possible feature Request

is it possible to have a modifier key for a mouse axis eg. I hold down say button 4 on mouse, it disables mouse cursor moving around cockpit but lets me smoothly push and pull the throttle or RPM lever and when modifier key is released mouse returns to normal. therefor the benefit would be now I can have a single modifier key that when pressed makes my mouse act as an instant smooth throttle and say I can add another modifier key that when pressed now my mouse acts as RPM lever or even a brake?

just a suggestion

if not

Does anyone know of an external app that can do something similar eg joy etc.

I know a lot of people will say get the Warthog Throttle and joystick but in VR I don't really want to fumble around looking for mouse or throttle and would prefer to always have my hand on the mouse.

Thanx. :thumbup: