2018 Kickoff! Development Changelog

Cobra847

We currently can't share anything on map content, but we're still working towards that type of content.

Please do note though that a map is not a part of the Viggen's official feature list.

That said, it is quite cynical to not note that the Viggen will be one of the best "bang for your buck" packages in DCS once complete, regardless of maps.

Not only are we shipping brand new AI units with the aircraft, but also two campaigns in the Caucasus and we have quite a few more tricks up our sleeve.

I don't think you can find that sort of value in any other DCS module currently, especially at $59.99. Bias notwithstanding :)

Not criticizing the price of the Viggen & I didn't expect a free map either. Just wondering what happened to it & got my answer.

Looking forward towards the "more tricks" :thumbup:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Thanks Cobra for the update! I really appreciate it, as the Viggen is my favorite DCS aircraft so far! :thumbup:

As others have already said, there are still some remaining issues with this module. The two most annoying issues for me are:

- Weapon status on the CK37 display in TAKT mode:

It says it's been fixed but I've never seen it displaying anything else but 111111.

- BK90s do not work properly in SERIE mode:

Only the first BK90 hits the intended target while the other one just continues flying untill it just disappears with no effect.

The manual also needs some attention!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think this was unavailable for aircraft during development (we specifically requested it)

Yes, this feature was indeed just added to DCS with the release of the Harrier AFAIK.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good news, keep it up :)

And +1 to the issues menitoned by QuiGon

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

What happened to the Viggen's map? Cancelled?

From the 2nd page of this thread:

And what happened to the promised map's & the dedicated map team you had a year ago?

From the Q&A just after the announcement: https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm..._were/dajdha1/

"Cobra8472Leatherneck Simulations 22 points 1 day ago

Very good! We have a permanent art team in Swinoujscie, Poland-- which are almost exclusively dedicated to developing new maps."

Or was it just a hype up for better sales before release? shifty.gif

We currently can't share anything on map content, but we're still working towards that type of content.

Please do note though that a map is not a part of the Viggen's official feature list.

That said, it is quite cynical to not note that the Viggen will be one of the best "bang for your buck" packages in DCS once complete, regardless of maps.

Not only are we shipping brand new AI units with the aircraft, but also two campaigns in the Caucasus and we have quite a few more tricks up our sleeve.

I don't think you can find that sort of value in any other DCS module currently, especially at $59.99. Bias notwithstanding smile.gif

Tornado3 small.jpg

Forgot to ask. The pilot model for cockpit, how is he doing, and any eta on that?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |