Empty External Tanks

Paradox

You could call this a feature request I suppose but it has occurred to me that a nice thing to be able to do would be to vertically takeoff from a FARP with empty external tanks to refuel in the air to begin a mission.

How difficult would it be to include empty external tanks as a store?

• Like 1

+1 for this feature , probably more ED dependent than RAZBAM but still good idea, with more Naval aircraft coming to DCS they should implement this

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It doesn't, the fuel percentage is internal only.

Could you start with no externals, and reduced fuel, then ask maintenance for the externals? Would it automatically fill up or what?

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Could you start with no externals, and reduced fuel, then ask maintenance for the externals? Would it automatically fill up or what?

The ground crew, when asked, would helpfully provide you with full external tanks. Which would be nice except they haven't been told that the mission requires a vertical takeoff and therefore a lightweight aircraft and, in this case empty or almost empty external fuel tanks.

The way I'm spoofing that now is by reducing the internal fuel to match the takeoff weight I would assume with fuel, weapons, and empty tanks. Not ideal, but it works for now...

When doing that, does the fuel get transferred in the first few minutes after startup from the external to the internal tanks? Or is it instantaneous once you spawn?

You could call this a feature request I suppose but it has occurred to me that a nice thing to be able to do would be to vertically takeoff from a FARP with empty external tanks to refuel in the air to begin a mission.

How difficult would it be to include empty external tanks as a store?

I have already asked for this and its done in our branch build. Don't know when it will port down to you guys sorry.

The external tanks are filled first for a partial fuel load which is incorrect.

Edited by Druid_
  • Like 1

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Druid, is that mechanic exclusive to to the Harrier, or independent of module?

Bump, would want this as well, helps a lot with refueling training missions and the like.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16