speech recognition could not start error

flyingflatfour

Hello,

I have been trying to use the training mode to work, but when I click on the microphone icon under editor, this error message pops up.

I have checked and English - US is checked everywhere.

I tried finding a solution elsewhere on the internet, no joy..

I fear this may be due to some windows debloater program I used in the past.

Any ideas?

Capture.JPG.92ba05d3530090169afd89065d8a9856.JPG

Agreed - the error is if the Microsoft Speech recognition engine in VA is not set to the same language as Windows

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks for the reply, but it seems it's not the problem.

Just trying to start the speech recognition app directly from the control panel doesn't work either.

Please see some screenshots of my setup. I have tried setting up a new Windows account to see if I had something corrupted in my account, but I still get the same message.

I wonder if I could have deactivated a service needed for this to work?

What I don't understand is that VoiceAttack still seems to work?

:doh:

Capture.thumb.JPG.65799b752e4dd9dab3fa8891fa8e9996.JPG

Capture2.JPG.c35d9600ef9ad7ebae22d3c9527e489a.JPG

Capture3.thumb.JPG.1a56db41c25700e5e2c743dd0e1892a1.JPG

That's interesting. But the error you get is from Windows/Microsoft Speech Recognition. Not VAICOM. In the VA Discord, I've seen people with similar issues. Can't remember from the top of my head the fix, as it seems that your setup is correct. Except I'm not sure what "TELE" language is. I run US everything. I've set VA to system default. What happens if you do that? If you can't solve it easily, I suggest you got to VA Discord, they will sort you out.

Cheers

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, but it seems it's not the problem.

Just trying to start the speech recognition app directly from the control panel doesn't work either.

Please see some screenshots of my setup. I have tried setting up a new Windows account to see if I had something corrupted in my account, but I still get the same message.

I wonder if I could have deactivated a service needed for this to work?

What I don't understand is that VoiceAttack still seems to work?

:doh:

Are you running Windows server as that seems to be the Speech recognition option you have in the drop-down list in VA.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi everyone, I've had some help in the VA discord channel.

Turns out I had chosen the option "use installed speech platform speech engines" under the VA "system/Advanced" options tab. This is I guess because back when I installed VA for the first time, having a french version of Windows, I had no built-in engine in english.

I turned it back to "use Built-in SAPI Speech Engines" and now, since I installed the US english voice and language pack under the windows settings panel, I can have access to the proper engine.

I can even, from the VA "recognition" options tab, under "utilities", open up training mode and add/remove dictionary words.

But I can still not launch the native MS app (the blue bar) either from the windows control panel nor from the Vaicom config panel... see images attached.

Could someone please confirm that if I can access training and word editing from VA instead of the native blue bar, it still works as intended??

Thanks!

Capture5.thumb.JPG.7a042899736d8e13a30fbf98798fb2dc.JPG

Capture6.JPG.989c17f91a6f06545e07061978700298.JPG

But I can still not launch the native MS app (the blue bar) either from the windows control panel nor from the Vaicom config panel... see images attached.

Could someone please confirm that if I can access training and word editing from VA instead of the native blue bar, it still works as intended??

Thanks!

What if you type "speech recognition" into the Windows 10 search box and then select the app that results in?

Hmmm, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-speech-recognition-wont-start/ec6c690c-8486-4179-b6f2-929070231d9c might be worth a look.

Edited by Greyman

If that doesn't help you, if you Google "Windows 10 speech recognition won't work", there appear to be a fair few people that have had what look like similar issues and there are quite a few suggested and apparently successful fixes.

Well I just discovered that it does... as I perform the check-in call to the SuperCarrier, as soon as I say "marking moms" I hear the beep sound in the background and the command is sent to DCS. Indeed the SC responds when I am still talking (fuel state)

If that doesn't help you, if you Google "Windows 10 speech recognition won't work", there appear to be a fair few people that have had what look like similar issues and there are quite a few suggested and apparently successful fixes.

I pretty much tried every fix that I could find but I'll have a look at your link above ;-)

• Like 1