add another alias

sambucca

hi.

is there a way to add another alias to the profile?

let's say to approach the tanker.

now, the only way to trigger the refuel is to say:

"Approaching for Refuel"

can i add "request refuel" and add that to the list so it will recognize it also?

i see the add alias button on the editor tab, but i don't know how to make it work.

Edited by sambucca

time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

hi.

is there a way to add another alias to the profile?

let's say to approach the tanker.

now, the only way to trigger the refuel is to say:

"Approaching for Refuel"

can i add "request refuel" and add that to the list so it will recognize it also?

i see the add alias button on the editor tab, but i don't know how to make it work.

1. Select 'Approaching for Refuel' in the list

2. Click ADD NEW - this will give you a command titled 'Approaching for Refuel1'

3. Click with the mouse at the start of this phrase (do not highlight the text) and add the text you want - in your case it would become 'Request RefuelApproaching for Refuel1'

4. Delete the original text to leave your new phrase and save it.

Once you have added your aliases don't forget to export/save your changes and complete the Finish steps

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

"Request Refuel" is already in the dictionary as another command. It's used for ground crew refueling.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

@Hornblower, thanks! Will try that out tonight.

@Thomson yes, I realise that now. It was a bad example.

time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

1. Select 'Approaching for Refuel' in the list

2. Click ADD NEW - this will give you a command titled 'Approaching for Refuel1'

3. Click with the mouse at the start of this phrase (do not highlight the text) and add the text you want - in your case it would become 'Request RefuelApproaching for Refuel1'

4. Delete the original text to leave your new phrase and save it.

Once you have added your aliases don't forget to export/save your changes and complete the Finish steps

I tried, but when i use Add New, i don't have any change in the name. I don't have a 1 at the end. :(

Just checking - you selected the phrase in the command phrase list so that it said Approaching for Refuel (or whichever phrase you are trying to change) and then clicked ADD NEW.

When you click ADD NEW does the number of commands in the top left of the screen go up by 1 and does the number in brackets to the right of the command phrase increase by 1. If so, click on this box (next to < ALIAS) and see if the new command then appears.

I can do screenshots if that would help

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

That's probably because "request refuel", as sthompson says, has already been allocated for asking the ground crew to refuel you, with Weight on Wheels, making this unworkable when at say 20,000ft.

Maybe try "fill her up", "do you give stamps?" or probably something a little more sensible. :)

If it's the request for aerial refueling that you want to add an alias to, then you need to add the alias to "approaching for refuel", but if you use a word that is already used for another command, then VA is very likely to choose that command before using your alias.

I don't know why it is not working for you - I have just tried Request Refuel and it worked well for me.

What happens when you have selected it and press ADD NEW?

How many keywords does VAICOM say you have on the Editor tab, and if you press TEST on this screen what does the message at the bottom of the screen say?

I know I can use an alias for JTAC, but when I say it with my thick Los Angeles accent VA sees it as GTECH. Can't do any training in windows for it either. It just asks me "What is this?"lol

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I know I can use an alias for JTAC, but when I say it with my thick Los Angeles accent VA sees it as GTECH. Can't do any training in windows for it either. It just asks me "What is this?"lol
Add it to the windows speech dictionary

I don't know why it is not working for you - I have just tried Request Refuel and it worked well for me.

What happens when you have selected it and press ADD NEW?

How many keywords does VAICOM say you have on the Editor tab, and if you press TEST on this screen what does the message at the bottom of the screen say?

Here is a video of the problem.

I have looked at the video

Which VAICOM licences do you have, and how many aliases have you got set up already

OK - it might be worth trying a database reset and see if that works.

Add it to the windows speech dictionary

Ya I tried but windows speech recognition is not working properly for me. You are supposed to say the word then in VA you should see the training result and show the confidence level correct? I go that to work a couple days ago but now nothing is working with windows speech rec. It is just playing around with me now I think.

I will figure it out but windows is being a little bitch right now.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

When you go into speech training you should be able to right click on the Windows microphone icon that appears and add it to the Windows speech dictionary there

When you go into speech training you should be able to right click on the Windows microphone icon that appears and add it to the Windows speech dictionary there

No I know, and I do use it, but it is just not helping my situation for some reason. I can still use Vaicom and get JTAC to answer by using the other callsign so it is not a big deal.

Weird, but then it is software - I used to programme the stuff and couldn't always work out why it was doing what it did:music_whistling:

I finally got smart and realized why speech rec was acting all weird. The mic on my headset was picking up a lot of noise from my PC fans and the GPU fans which I have cranked to 90% with the door off the case. I also angled the PC more towards me a couple days ago when I was working on it and just never put it back the way I had it plus I have a ceiling fan that I have on now since it is hot here now. I still had to disallow the word GTECH though but eventually windows realized I was saying JTAC and not Tic Tac, or Tip pack.