BitDefender virus Alert Trojan Generic KD.42818672

PipN

Hi I just updated to the latest Beta and BitDefender Flagged the F14 flight model with a trojan and quarantined it. any thoughts? :(:(

NB not a new install have had f14 since release no issues and nothing else flagged

Edited by PipN
extra detail

Lots of DCS binaries are flagged as generic trojan since the 2.5.6 update, not only the F-14 ones > false positives coming from behavioral analysis. If you're unsure, you can submit the file to https://www.virustotal.com.

I know it's certainly not a wise habit, but I end up excluding the whole DCS folder from on-access scan, setting ACE to restrict write access to admins only. (Don't do it if you don't know what you're doing)

As I'm using a normal (non-admin) user session on a daily basis, it should be a little safer (and improve performances).

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

Just got the same thing with my Bitdefender, I guess it's a false positive until the new build gets whitelisted.

PC SPECS:-

9900K 5.0GHZ, 64GBGB RAM, 2 X SX8200 Pro 1TB SSD, 500GB SDD, MSI GamingX 1080Ti, TM Warthog, Saitek Pedals, 32" 2K Monitor, TrackHat, Samsung Odyssey+

Been getting those too with Bitdefender, from the last two OB updates of the F14-FlightModel.dll and F14-HeatblurCommon.dll in the latest update as well as ED's world and golbalworld .dll files in the previous update

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 1 month later...

I got it too. Deleted the file, did a game file check/repair to get a fresh copy back, added exception. Works fine now. Don't know why it would flag that dll though. Haven't heard anyone but Bitdefender users have issues though. (I am one)

i9-12900K - EVGA 3090 FTW - 64GB DDR5 5600 - HP Reverb G2

Hi guys, I spoke to Bignewy and he said they are aware of the issue. It has to do with the copyright protection, please do not ask me specifically how. However we found that many developers throughout the industry complain about this particular false positive. The best is to add an exception and to send the file to the provider of your antivirus software (ED did this, too), so they can add an exception on their side.

Concerned antivir programs are mainly Norton, bitdefender, avast and kaspersky.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/