Strange - Saved control map not applied

Hi

I have a strange problem just with the Mustang. If I start DCS and load straight into a mission of any type Training/Freeflight/campaign then my previously mapped controls don't work and there seems to be an old map in place with only a few controls mapped.

But if I start DCS and go straight to the settings page for the controls then press one of the mapped controls so it automatically flips to that setting. I cancel out of that and then launch the mission it works perfectly.

It only does it on the Mustang, anyone got an ideas? Its really annoying!

Cheers.

I had the same problem, not only with the P-51s but with the Spitfires too.

I've found only one way how to solve it.

To set controls for the D-25 and the D-30 separately.

I did go into ME, i chose D-25 and after spawn i set and save controls.

Than i switch off DCS W and after switch it on i did the same but in that case i chose the D-30 instead of the D-25. And agian i set and save controls.

Now i have two files in C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input :

- P-51D

- P-51D-30

Before that i tried new, clean DCS W instalation and some more, but all was helpless.

And i have no longer problem with settings.

I did the same for the Spitfire and the Spitfire CW, because there was problem too.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

You may also just create an additional folder in Config/Input, named like Saburo pointed above, and copy all content from "P-51D-30" to "P-51D". It will work OK.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You may also just create an additional folder in Config/Input, named like Saburo pointed above, and copy all content from "P-51D-30" to "P-51D". It will work OK.

Thanks, this worked for me, both folders existed and I just copied the controller files in the -30 folder to the P-51D folder. Just need to remember that if I make any changes.

Cheers.

Had a new issues. Got "both" the 25 and 30 controls mapped the same... Then I did a flight in a Spit and had to adjust a few controls. After that flight I went back to the P51.. 50% of the controls were wrong! Some serious bug with mappings of pne aircraft carrying across/breaking another!