Incorrect reflex sight picture ( pilot sight)

Kev2go

IS this in game

I2ZvumV.png

However according to research including using UH1H flight manuals as references this sight picture is fictional.

M60 reflext sight should look like this

hVQJHcn.png

LjuD3a7.jpg

Ironically even ED inadvertently admit from their very own dcs huey manual the prototype designation of preceding XM60/XM60E1 are supposed to look like this

Sourced from pg 103 of the DCS Uh1H manual

5OitoOo.png

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I only find the Huey reticle to be terrible for accurate aiming at longer ranges.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

That looks great petsild, are you going to make it available for download?

Cheers,

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Just replace the file in

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\IndicationTextures\
Don't forget to backup the original one.

You're welcome.

EDIT. Just bear in mind it's not 100% accurate as the outer circle in DCS is 50 mil and with this sight it should be 80.

sight_XM60.zip

Edited by PL_Harpoon

Thanks PL Harpoon.

Even at an incorrect size it's an improvement.

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Here's another treat for you.

I've played around with a .lua files and managed to make the sight bigger.

Now the values are correct.

To install replace the "PilotSight_page.lua" file in "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\PilotSight\Indicator"

Cheers!

Huey_sight-80mil.thumb.png.e15ae2e8f7430111b4b6374c40e0249a.png

PilotSight_page.lua

Edited by PL_Harpoon
  • Like 1

This is great, thank you very much!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I've played around with a .lua files and managed to make the sight bigger.

Now the values are correct.

To install replace the "PilotSight_init.lua" file in "Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\PilotSight\Indicator"

Cheers!

Hi,

could you tell me which value you changed to achieve the larger reticle?

I ask because I can't see a difference in size and Notepad++ compare tells me that the "PilotSight_init.lua" is identical with the original one.

Thanks!

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Hi,

could you tell me which value you changed to achieve the larger reticle?

I ask because I can't see a difference in size and Notepad++ compare tells me that the "PilotSight_init.lua" is identical with the original one.

Thanks!

You're right, I uploaded the wrong file. :music_whistling:

It should be the PilotSight_page.lua

I'll edit my original post then.

Thanks again!

wow nice one guys

someone needs to forward these files to ED lol.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Wow, good job.

Here's hoping ED will take inspiration from your work and fix the regular build.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
_

However according to research including using UH1H flight manuals as references this sight picture is fictional._

Accordingly TM 55-1520-219-10 the reticle pattern of the sight was made in the game is not "fictitious", see screenshot.

however, at your request, we can change the reticle pattern variant like your proposed)

1685221457_XM60_reticlepatternfromTM55-1520-219-10.thumb.jpg.679799b4ac68af409eca9d2f5867aa82.jpg

Edited by PilotMi8
  • Like 1

Interesting that both sight pictures seem to be possible.

Personally, I'd prefer the 80 mil reticle as I find the 50 mil too crowded so I would welcome that change.

Best, as always, would be of course the choice via special settings between both :)

• 3 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2020 at 5:01 PM, PilotMi8 said:

Accordingly TM 55-1520-219-10 the reticle pattern of the sight was made in the game is not "fictitious", see screenshot.

however, at your request, we can change the reticle pattern variant like your proposed)

1685221457_XM60_reticlepatternfromTM55-1520-219-10.thumb.jpg.679799b4ac68af409eca9d2f5867aa82.jpg

It is still fictitious in the context of being in a UH1H. The manual you reference TM 55-1520-219-10 is for the Uh1B, not UH1H.

I had no reason to ever think at looking at UH1B manual considering we have UH1H model. 

US army Uh1H manual didnt have any reference to any sighting system period given they didn't seem to use the long body hueys as gunships, but the Australian UH1H manual ( the so called Bushranger) did. Hence thats what i posted, which was the different pattern reticule  that still had the same designation XM60/M60

But this just demonstrates why there sometimes aught to be multiple variations of a given aircraft included within a module, to avoid creating a franken piece that has a mish mash of features from various models that a specific model didn't have IRL. Or i guess it did, but just not in US military service.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 2

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

It's right and I find the tail-mounted flares launchers on the HU-1H ridiculous, because I have not yet been able to find a match on the Iroquis featured in the NAM. Belsintek is done with me ! ! 

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 10:32 AM, Calabrone said:

It's right and I find the tail-mounted flares launchers on the HU-1H ridiculous, because I have not yet been able to find a match on the Iroquis featured in the NAM. Belsintek is done with me ! ! 

Flares is Kinda of OT for the bug report thread, but i can easily point out Your attempt at satire post would of actually held some weight if what you implied was actually true. 

You wont find M130 countermeasure dispensers  ( and associated control panel) on any US army  huey in any time period.  IF it did there would of been countless photographs of them being equipped with such in combat service plus more importantly referenced in primary source documents like manuals. Anyways its a shame no EGI CDI or An/AAR47 IR missile warning from a Uh1N slapped onto a UH1H, because " its a still a huey or something", 🤡

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Kev2go I am 71 years old and grew up following the war in NAM and fell in love with the Huey. Belsintek could have done something more adherent to the NAM. Unfortunately I am also content because Belsintek does not allow contact and since I love the Huey it has been a long time since I decided not to buy one of their modules anymore ! Ah I am Italian !