[REPOST] Gunners without Hard-points and without cockpit Gun-sight?

I take the liberty to repost (more correctly just linking) a thread containing some interesting discoveries regarding hardpoints VS side gunner (and gun sight). Credits to Grajo and Taillhook. Enjoy:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200876

Edit:

Just like to add why I did this. Because that thread is posted in the old Belsimtek subforum, officially closed, and hence not possible to find from within forums.eagle.ru.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Nice!!

I was hoping to do this for my CSAR ops.

Does it pass Integrity Check?

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Does it pass Integrity Check?

I honestly don't know, never play MP. Maybe Grajo can answer, otherwise it's easy to try out.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Seems like it passes integrity check!

Does anyone know if you can change it so that the rear cargo doors can be removed but you can retain the 12.7 gunner in the front door?

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

No problem with the repost Holton181. Thank you. I might start my post in the wrong place, It was 2 years ago... but I still see people posting stuff over there so not sure if it's dead or not.

|DUSTY|, I do not know if rear cargo doors have any dependencies with hardpoints. Removing cargo door in the ME checker box does not do the trick just fine? I did not try this myself but I guess it should work.

... but I still see people posting stuff over there so not sure if it's dead or not.

Yes I've seen it too, therefore I return from time to time to read new content (how I found your thread due to somebody made a relatively new post). But the Belsimtek forum can not be entered from within forums.eagle.ru, I believe posts there can't even be searched for from here. The only way I believe one can go there is through Google and similar.

At the time of Belsimtek's assimilation into ED, the Belsimtek subforum was even locked, no new posts or threads could be made. But at some later time it got possible again. No clue why.

(with disclaimer I might be wrong)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

|DUSTY|, I do not know if rear cargo doors have any dependencies with hardpoints. Removing cargo door in the ME checker box does not do the trick just fine? I did not try this myself but I guess it should work.

Nah unfortunately when you remove the rear cargo door, you remove all the gunners and hard points.

What I would like to achieve is the no rear cargo door and no weapons but keep the front door gunner so you can have a realistic CSAR configuration.

Like the Mi-17s in Afghanistan:

2111326.jpg?v=v40

Hi |DUSTY|

The argument for the livery to "Hide" the doors even if they are on in the checker box is :

custom_args = { [250] = 1.0, }

Sadly if I use No hardpoints argument and No doors Argument the result is not as expected...

custom_args = { [1000] = 1.0, }

Seems that there is some kind of conflict between them or I just do not know what is going on. Maybe I do not know how to add several arguments in the livery the correct way.

In any case, the desired result can be achieved but in a very "clumsy" way...

In ME create your mission with gunner as normal and assign livery that hides hardpoints

ME-No-Hardpoints-Livery.jpg

After inside the mission ask Ground Crew and change to the livery with the argument No doors

Ground-Crew-No-Doors-Lievery.jpg

I really wish there could be a better way to do it and I will appreciate if somebody can bring some light to this.

Ideally, we could have the options inside ME editor to set up all this our preferred way without going crazy with this tricky very far from ideal methods...

Edited by Grajo

You legend Grajo!! :lol:

Yeah it's a shame because it would be nice to use in any MP server with ease.

Edited by |DUSTY|

Hi |DUSTY|

The argument for the livery to "Hide" the doors even if they are on in the checker box is :

Sadly if I use No hardpoints argument and No doors Argument the result is not as expected...

custom_args = { [1000] = 1.0, }

Haven't tried myself but maybe try this one, looks like an array to me:

custom_args = {
[1000] = 1.0,
[250] = 1.0,
}

Im really interested in this, no doors, no hardpoints and the front gunner ON. Would make CSAR missions a lot of fun, but can be explained how to get it in a step by step guide for dumbs like me please?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Would be fun to know if you're still allowed to carry rocket pods. They'd be floating beside the helicopter though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Would be fun to know if you're still allowed to carry rocket pods. They'd be floating beside the helicopter though.

Yes, the tweak is just a "visibility" trick through a command line inside the description.lua of a livery. Anything loaded in Hardpoints will be floating...

That is why an improved configuration for the Mi-8 inside ME would be ideal.

- No Cargo Halfdoor should not negate Hardpoints.

- Gunners should be loaded independently somehow, just adding hardpoint in the case you wanted it.

Im really interested in this, no doors, no hardpoints and the front gunner ON. Would make CSAR missions a lot of fun, but can be explained how to get it in a step by step guide for dumbs like me please?

Hi Stratos, hope you find this useful some how:

1. Duplicate the livery folder you want to add this feature in and rename the livery to something whatever you like so you can recognize it after in ME (remember to change the desired name at the bottom of the code in description.lua:

name = "whatever"

2. Add this small code to the end of the description.lua of that duplicated livery.

custom_args = {
[1000] = 1.0,
[250] = 1.0,
}

3. Inside ME create a Mi-8 Starting from ramp (Player or Client). Hardpoints and Cargo Halfdoor checker boxes activated. And assign to it your tweaked livery.

4. Select/create loadout with only side gunner.

5. Start mission, call Ground Crew - Rearm & Refuel menu and reassign the same livery you have chosen already in the ME.

It will result in the desired Side Gunner, No Hardpoints, No Cargo Halfdoor configuration. No Gunsight inside the cockpit.

* If you do this online (if the server allows changing liveries) It won't hide the cockpit gunsight if the startup/spawn livery is configured with Hardpoints. No idea if this config will be displayed like so for other clients. I guess it won't...

Hope it does help. Complicated... But it works somehow.:noexpression:

Edited by Grajo

• 1 month later...
5. Start mission, call Ground Crew - Rearm & Refuel menu and reassign the same livery you have chosen already in the ME.

Jus a small thing about this. You actually don't have to call for rearn & refuel, only need to open the R&R menu and select whatever livery and hit "Cancel". You can see this by going F2 when performing it.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5