HTC Vive Pro Announced

Strong05

• 1 month later...

So you play either Deferred shading off or you dont use MSAA (or have pixel count at 1.00) both is a no go for me as I have the better machine witha water cooled Titan X Pascal at 2000 mhz and 5k 8700k. May be I can use MSAA off on the Vive pro that has to be seen. Its subjective but I assume you dont have a rift.... I have booth and reprojection is quite crap in comparison to what ASW can do, even tho I prefer the real 90 fps to both.

Edit: I find my comment might look offensive which is not meant to be. I just explore what is the best possible high end solution for DCS world now and in the future and in my opionion the vive pro wont be it even with a Nvidia next gen Titan (Touring Ampere or Volta or whatever they name it) unless ED gets Vulcan implemented and it really does the wonders.

If not we are probably better off with the good old rift and some 4 times MSAA and render res of 1.5 in the next gen gpu and have ASW on than sitting in reprojection on a better clarity higher res image on a vive pro. Not exactly sure tho. I wish we would have a Rift pro with these newe displays. Or proper ASW in the Vive pro...

Edited by StefVR

Don’t we already have the VIve Pro in the form of the Samsung Odyssey?

@SteveVR I have most settings on high, 2xAA, 1.3 overdraw ,with deferred shading off. I have all reprojection settings turned off. I get a steady 45 FPS all the time, no mater what is going on. I was getting short pauses till I added memory but that’s gone now. As you have more machine than me you should be good to go.

Edited by Thick8

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

So you play either Deferred shading off or you dont use MSAA (or have pixel count at 1.00) both is a no go for me as I have the better machine witha water cooled Titan X Pascal at 2000 mhz and 5k 8700k. May be I can use MSAA off on the Vive pro that has to be seen. Its subjective but I assume you dont have a rift.... I have booth and reprojection is quite crap in comparison to what ASW can do, even tho I prefer the real 90 fps to both.

Edit: I find my comment might look offensive which is not meant to be. I just explore what is the best possible high end solution for DCS world now and in the future and in my opionion the vive pro wont be it even with a Nvidia next gen Titan (Touring Ampere or Volta or whatever they name it) unless ED gets Vulcan implemented and it really does the wonders.

If not we are probably better off with the good old rift and some 4 times MSAA and render res of 1.5 in the next gen gpu and have ASW on than sitting in reprojection on a better clarity higher res image on a vive pro. Not exactly sure tho. I wish we would have a Rift pro with these newe displays. Or proper ASW in the Vive pro...

I have the Vive and the re-projection is very smooth with the only complaint being slight ghosting when things get too hectic and turning ones head to the side. But this is not a problem exclusive to any one headset. I have had this headset for a few years now and was here at the beginning when it truly was terrible (in DCS).

The first post you made you were claiming the Vive wont even work with DCS, but then claim to have both headsets and the Vive is terrible in comparison! You seem like a bit of a fanboy to be honest!

If I didn't have VR already I would definitely go with the Vive pro (if I could afford it). It's a no brainier really, and certainly seems to be the best headset around presently as it has better resolution and a whole ton of other upgrades and features. That depends how much it costs on release though, as I think they really have to start being more competitive with their pricing.

If you have a rift, or Vive already however I don't think it's worth it, but that doesn't mean we need blind ourselves to reality simply because we wish to convince ourselves that nothing could possibly ever be better than what we have ourselves!...

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the pro (focus) right?

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.168.4b6a4393aLydbk&id=562559652654&ns=1&abbucket=10

It's on the market in china at the moment for about 510.523 GBP!

Humm according to the website I could pay only 45 pounds over a 12 month period instead of all at once!

Interesting!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,