so Prowler said the 2000-5 will happen ?

Contact409

sounds promising.

What the difference in FM and weapon wise for the 2000-5 compared to 2000-c

is there a difference in the Cockpit ?

What is Ada, as frenchy, i'm looking forward to,it

FM should be the same (unless the fbw received software updates?), weapons-wise the -5 can carry the MICA which is way better than both the Magic and Super 530. The French -5 focus on air defense so not much difference in air to ground.

Ada is Armee de l'Air.

Interesting, I always assumed MICA was smokeless. Still, I think MICA IR would be extremely dangerous in DCS. The agility, range performance and flare resistance from the imaging infra-red seekerhead would make for a very nasty missile.

Yes, Mica IR is very dangerous. I posted previously in this thread pictures of Mirage 2000-5 war load.

There are 2 Mica IR on wingtips, 1 on fuselage plage + 3 x Mica EM on fuselage.

Wingtips missiles are rail launched. They can be launched almost in the full flight envelope, at high AoA and high G.

Pylon missiles are ejected, they do have G, AoA and roll rate limitations.

The fact that a Mica IR is mounted on pylon clearly show that BVR use is planned.

A Mica IR launched in TWS mode from BVR range will give no warning at all.

The only way would be to have Missile Approach Warning System, based on millimetric wave radar. AFAIK only Typhoon has such system built in. (tell me if you know others).

Some helicopters have similar systems.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

FM should be the same (unless the fbw received software updates?), weapons-wise the -5 can carry the MICA which is way better than both the Magic and Super 530. The French -5 focus on air defense so not much difference in air to ground.

Ada is Armee de l'Air.

thanks,

so Ada will provide data for Razbam ?

sounds promising.

What the difference in FM and weapon wise for the 2000-5 compared to 2000-c

is there a difference in the Cockpit ?

What is Ada, as frenchy, i'm looking forward to,it

There's a huge difference in the cockpit:

-5 naming comes from the new cockpit built with 5 displays (VTH/VTM/VTB and 2 VTL).

The Radar control panel is also gone, new RDY Radar can be fully controlled from HOTAS commands

Cockpit labels are in English.

Weapon Wise, depends on the -5F version we'll get, but if it's the latest one we should have indeed MICA EM/IR. First -5F were equipped with Magic 2 like the M2000C

Regarding FM, should be the same than the 2000C. The 2000-5F aren't newly build 2000-5 planes like for export. They are upgraded M2000C.

Nothing officially confirmed but that's what most people are thinking.

gotcha, but if Ada wants razbam to make a m2k-5 module to train their pilot, they would them to be the most realistic as possible so they should provide data to Razbam,

anyone having the razbam M2k-c discord link ?

There's a huge difference in the cockpit:

-5 naming comes from the new cockpit built with 5 displays (VTH/VTM/VTB and 2 VTL).

The Radar control panel is also gone, new RDY Radar can be fully controlled from HOTAS commands

Cockpit labels are in English.

Weapon Wise, depends on the -5F version we'll get, but if it's the latest one we should have indeed MICA EM/IR. First -5F were equipped with Magic 2 like the M2000C

Regarding FM, should be the same than the 2000C. The 2000-5F aren't newly build 2000-5 planes like for export. They are upgraded M2000C.

thanks, maybe a an auto trom system in the FBW software, can't see the trim switch on the -5

thanks, maybe a an auto trom system in the FBW software, can't see the trim switch on the -5

It's right in the middle of the stick in your pic, you can't miss it :D

It's mainly used to navigate with Autopilot like on the Mirage 2000C

Yes, Mica IR is very dangerous. I posted previously in this thread pictures of Mirage 2000-5 war load.

Wingtips missiles are rail launched. They can be launched almost in the full flight envelope, at high AoA and high G.

The fact that a Mica IR is mounted on pylon clearly show that BVR use is planned.

The only way would be to have Missile Approach Warning System, based on millimetric wave radar. AFAIK only Typhoon has such system built in. (tell me if you know others).

Would an IR/UV MWS not give a warning if it comes within range while the missile motor is still burning ?

Would an IR/UV MWS not give a warning if it comes within range while the missile motor is still burning ?

Sure, but I was talking about BVR shot.

Mica is non traditional in many ways:

- intended for both BVR and dogfight (thrust vectoring)

- same missile body but 2 differents seeker option (IR and radar)

- very short but very high engine impulse to lower missile spotting. So for BVR shot, let’s say 20Nm, I doubt an IR/ UV would spot the engine.

Drawback is lower maximum range than AMRAAM.

As said above, Mica is better than both Magic 2 and Super 530D.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

seems that razbam has been already working with the Ada currently for the 2000-c

Yes indeed, but the agreement came after the module release.

Here it would before starting the work, which is much better :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

Yes indeed, but the agreement came after the module release.

Here it would before starting the work, which is much better :smilewink:

yes for sure. By watching a video where a military said that they would like to expand the mirage module for trainning and the 2000-c for summer 2020, don't know if its possible to release an early acces 2000-c for next summer

yes for sure. By watching a video where a military said that they would like to expand the mirage module for trainning and the 2000-c for summer 2020, don't know if its possible to release an early acces 2000-c for next summer

The 2000C is already released, they were talking about -5, but yes it's optimistic.

Mirage fanatic !

Ah the prepetual DCS Aeroquake arms race. I'm sure Mica will cause much consternation.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Mirage 2000-5?

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Really simple :D

If will not be true, My heart will broken!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Hows the navigation suite on the 5f compared to the c?.

Instead of just INS will it now have INS+GPS or better yet EGI for blended solution? What about moving map capability?

Given that France is NATO ally will they have integrated link 16 into the 5f? ( or any form of data links?)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hows the navigation suite on the 5f compared to the c?.

Instead of just INS will it now have INS+GPS or better yet EGI for blended solution? What about moving map capability?

Given that France is NATO ally will they have integrated link 16 into the 5f? ( or any form of data links?)

Yes, GPS + Link 16. New autopilot mode (NAV.H) allows to follow automatically the flight plan.

Link 16 has been added after delivery though.

Not sure if there is a real moving on Mirage 2000-5F, but at least horizontal situation display with borders, zones, SAM site, airports and so on...

Fun fact about Mirage 2000-F:

Export new built Mirage 2000-5 have increased MTOW, but not upgraded Mirage 2000C, it's still 16 500kg.

With 3 tanks (kilo configuration), the plane can load 7300kg of fuel.

But on take off with 6 Mica it's maximum 6500kg of fuel. The fighter have to perform air to air refueling to top it off.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Here are the picture on EC 1/2 Cigognes official Facebook page.

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/pg/GC1.2Cigognes/photos/?ref=page_internal

EC 1/2 has a special place in French Air Force history.

During WW 1 it was top aces squadron, flying Spad VII then Spad XIII with aces such as René Fonck (72 confirmed kills) and Georges Guynemer (54 kills, KIA).

It was the first squadron to be equipped with Mirage III, first with Mirage 2000C (RDM).

Squadron begun to receive Mirage 2000-5F from 1997.

67837773_2372584472821384_1656963164064972800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQnzdVR4h1NzGm3B4-HrwKGg4dJPvJlRVBjks4Q8dXajzxtDTM4Jv05dg_RHTw25bB4&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.xx&oh=45ffef97c1c3da31fca9b456972e38ef&oe=5DD78F2D

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !