JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

Will we see another hotfix update, or is the next fix gonna be in the open beta update next week? I see a ton of stuff have been fixed and I can't wait!:)

since there's no stopper bug, i'm afraid next open update.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

anyone know why the thunder doesn't carry 6 or even 8 SD10s? whats the problem?

It's rumoured the SD-10's exhaust can cause a engine flame out if launched from the inner stations but in DCS we have other types of rocket mounted there, so I don't know how reliable the info is.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It’s probably because it’s designed for rail launchers. Flankers have same problem, you can only use ordnance that uses normal ejecting pylons on inner stations. The fuel needed is too valuable to develop new a new pylon type I bet

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

thats.....so lame........

Why? Currently in DCS each SD-10 is an earth shaking weapon that can blast almost everything from the sky. You are going to by a flying SA-10!

Meanwhile the Mirage III is still in the PAF and can only carry one SARH missile, when it will come to DCS. :megalol:

There might not be any preset asymmetrical loadout, but you can create one for sure.

I created it, but when I start a mission, one pylon is empty.

For unknown reason, system dont allow me to attach a picture. And you will see that one pylon is empty when I load asymmetric payload.

I think it's because there are some weight/center of gravity problems with the wing tanks right now, which is why asymmetric loadouts are currently disabled. Please don't quote me on this though.

Only for the wing fuel tanks. Other assymetric loadouts should work.

For example Center fuel tank, 2 802AKG, DL pod, SD10 and 2 PL5 works.

Pls take a look into HSD. It eats alot of my FPS almost half.

It’s fixed internally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Is asymmetric payload available? Because I tried it in mission editor, but when I start mission there are empty pylon. Maybe bug?

Once we update the FM, will remove this limitation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone notice pitch is extremely sensitive on takeoffs and landings? On takeoffs I try to rotate and keep the FPM in the middle of the E-bracket until airborne, but the nose shoots up and I nearly tail-strike every time. On landing, when trying to aerobrake (FPM in the middle of the E-bracket) like I would in an F-16, the nose just doesn't want to stay up and I get a little POI trying to keep it up.

Pls take a look into HSD. It eats alot of my FPS almost half.

My current workaround is to switch off the RWR circuit breaker button and turn it back on from time to time. From my observations, performance drop builds up over time from constant RWR usage.

I hope this helps :)

DCS open beta / FC3 / MiG21 / F/A18C / M2000 / Huey / MIG19 / JF17 / F14 / Hind - Ryzen 5600X-32GB DDR4 3466- RTX 3070Ti 8GB - 1TB PCI4 m.2  / TM16M joy + throttle + pedals + freetrack+trackclip

It’s probably because it’s designed for rail launchers. Flankers have same problem, you can only use ordnance that uses normal ejecting pylons on inner stations. The fuel needed is too valuable to develop new a new pylon type I bet

Ah so the reason is that you typically need tanks on the inner pylons and pod on centerline so there is no space but other than that the SD10/LD10 wrecks your engine on the way out of fired from inner or centerline pylons.

The engine should learn to hold its breath lol.

It’s fixed internally

Awesome. Thanks
My current workaround is to switch off the RWR circuit breaker button and turn it back on from time to time. From my observations, performance drop builds up over time from constant RWR usage.

I hope this helps :)

Hmm.... I'll try that on my next MP sortie.

Thanks

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Self-destruct feature when?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is it possible to refuel the fuel pods with rearming/refuelling function? I always drop them before landing but would love to land with these on if they actually refuel. Just adds more realism.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED